Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System landscape, Java stack and Updates

former_member578055
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm using Maintenance optimizer to make an update on Solution Manager.

I've realized that the Java stack was not being checked, and I've checked in SMSY that Java stack wasn't defined relevant.

I've checked the relevant check box under SMSY -> Landscape components -> Sap Solution Manager -> SOL and in the view Product Instance Selection I've made the check on the relevant.

What is necessary more? Because, now, M.O. can't even define a update.

Can you help me? How is defined the SOLMAN system on your SOLMAN SMSY?

Note: I've made the update from SP12 to SP24 of SOL only ABAP stack. Because the JAVA stack was not selected. Now, I'm trying to make the update do SP25 for ABAP and to the latest on JAVA.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

1) You must have in mind that you must maintain these systems in a SLD

2) For ABAP Stack you must configure RZ70 to send ABAP stack relevant data to SLD

3) For JAVA Stack you must configure Visual Administrator => SLD Data Supplier

4) After send both informations to SLD, you must configure SMSY_SETUP to push the data for this SLD and create the system automatically in SMSY trough LANDSCAPE FETCH job.

5) After run this job LANDSCAPE FETCH, you'll have your Solution Manager created automatically and correctly in SMSY for both stacks.

Check page 9 of END-TO-END ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS SYSTEM LANDSCAPE SETUP GUIDE Version 2.13, September 2010

=============================================================================================

=> Managed System is connected to SLD infrastructure In order to enable a central maintenance of systems in SAP Solution Manager, you need to setup a SLD infrastructure to which each managed system is connected to. There are several possibilities how this infrastructure can be designed. More Information:  Planning Guide - System Landscape Directory

=> Bridge your central SLD to the SAP Solution Manager SLD If your SAP Solution Manager system is not your central SLD system, you need to setup a bridge forwarding from your central SLD to your SAP Solution Manager SLD. More information: SAP Note 1148028

=> Landscape Fetch Job in SAP Solution Manager is scheduled The system landscape maintenance in SAP Solution Manager retrieves the system landscape data regularly from the configured SLD. This is done via the landscape fetch job which is normally

=============================================================================================

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is necessary more? Because, now, M.O. can't even define a update.

Any error text ?

Regards,

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Regarding the systems definitions in SMSY, kindly check note 987835. There is a document attached into this note with information for every type of system. Your solution manager specifically is a Dual Stack system, so it must have both stacks in SMSY.

About the MOPZ part I do not have expertise to help you, but please ensure that you have applied the central solution manager note 1405878.

Regards,

Daniel.