cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label printing using ZEBRA and INTERMAC printers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to label printing, and I am looking for some developement hints. My requirement is to develope a common label print form which can be used for ZEBRA as well as INTERMAC printes. I have come accross SAP Notes describing the steps for developing the label printing for ZEBRA printers using SMARTFORM. However, I am not able to find/locate similar SNOTE describing for INTERMAC printer using SMARTFORM ( I can see SNOTE describing the steps only for Sapscript).

So anybody can provid me SNOTE or reference link describing the steps for developing label printing for INTERMAC printer using SMARTFORM ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Amarjit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

They will not be common...ZPLII is a natural output from SmartForms, Intermec uses different printer control language. Adrian's response provides a lot of useful information. In previous assignment, LabelShopPro was indispensable in my work in creating a variety of Intermec output labels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I don't have any label design software so I decided to design my form using SMARTFORM, if I understand correctly, ZEBRA printer can print normally designed SMARTFORM without any printer specific language.

However for INTERMEC we need to have printer specific programing instruction inside our SMARTFORM, is that right ? and it could not print normally designed SMARTFORM ?

For INTERMEC form design I don't have LabelShop softwasre, without is it not possible to design the layout ?

Thanks all for the response.

Regards,

Amarjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

FOR ZEBRA printers there are Devicetypes like ZLEB2. With an Intermec printer that supports the software ZSIM of Intermec you can use this device type too. It simulates a Zebra printer and translates the zebra code in the intermec coding.

If you can use ZSIM read ur manual for intermec printer.

YOU DONT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE AT ALL. YOU CAN JUST USE SMARTFORMS. The device type is the interessting part because it translates / transfers the data to your printer.

Edited by: Suhel Awad on Feb 1, 2011 2:49 PM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone.

This is done !!

Regards,

Amarjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

This printer of yours must be having a software where you can create a design... generate teh design and which in turn will generate a ITF file...

Upload this ITF file into your SAP through SO10

include this text only in your script or form..

then print it at your printer....

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The steps are described in SAP Notes #135894 and #.

The main problem with label printers is that all these printers have their own unique printer languages which are not supported by the SAP system. So Note #183777 and #135894 describe a workaround.

All print data including all printer sequences are created by an external program and uploaded into the R/3 system. As per Note #183777, this is done with Intermec's design program LabelShop PRO.

You should use device type LB_INT to print the barcode labels. The SAP system only replaces the symbols and besides that it sends the print data to the printer which was uploaded.

So you need to design the label with LabelShop PRO or another third party program for Intermec label printers. You then need to upload the label file to a standard text in transaction SO10 as described in the Notes above.

Regards,

Aidan

former_member203305
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it doesnt matter the label that u create, the important issue is the device of the printer that u will use. Check the printer using SPAD tcode. Because it is a few complicated to get a zebra pinter to work in SAP, complicated but not impossible.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

It doesn't matter which printer you are using. SAP alway uses SAPScript or SMARTFORM to print label. But you need special software to create a kind of Standard text(printer specific) and included it into Samrtform or SAPscript for the mentioned printer. Then you can print label by calling SAPscript or Samrtform. Hope this helps.