cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get integration model in CIF exit??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am new to CIF interface and i have a question about the interface enhancement () on ERP side.

The scenario is, we want to send purchase order from SAP ERP to SAP APO through CIF. There are 2 integration models and they are active at the same time. After entering the enhancement code (CIFPUR01), is it possible to know which integration model is used for current purchase order? In other word, in the exit CIFPUR01, is it possible to trace reversely which IM is used? Because we want to validate some fields per different different integration model.

Thanks so much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chirs

I do not know why you have two different IM's for PO's . Standard SAP recommendation is to have one integration model for each object type.

Coming back to your question please check the BadI CIF_INT_MODEL. It has a method MODIFY_OBJECT_LIST and one of the parameters of this method is "IS_CIF_IMODK" which identifies the IM name . Check whether this will serve your purpose

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

Thanks for you reply. I will check that BadI when i back to office next Monday. Thanks agian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

I have checked that BadI on our system. The description for it is 'Enhancement for the generation of integration models'. So i think this BadI would be called during CFM1. Then i put a break point for method CL_EXITHANDLER=>GET_INSTANCE and used CFM1 to create a IM, but unlucky, i didn't find the BadI is called. Any idea about when and where it is called?

Thanks so much!

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris

As you have mentioned the BadI is called when you execute CFM1. We have custom logic in the BadI and it gets invoked when CFM1 is called - this has been in production for months now. Iam not conversant with ABAP so unfortunately i dont have any more answers. But one thing is to make sure you have chosen the enable debugging option while trying to test the BadI

Thanks

Aparna

hubert_spohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

this is possible if your integration models have distinct content. You then can use the functionality similar to transaction CFM5 to check in which model the current object is included. Just debug CFM5 to see which functional modules are used therefore

(FM CIF_IMODEL_CHECKENTRIES for example).

Br

Hubert