cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR Job in "Stopping" Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a job that is running longer and due to this, we Terminated the job and now it is in "Stopping" state. Is there a way to make the job "Terminated" or is it assumed the job terminated? How to rectify?

\n

This is the kind of message we get.

\n

INFO: Job ID: 330 Status: Running

Nov 4, 2010 4:11:35 AM com.virsa.cc.xsys.bg.BgJob setStatus

INFO: Job ID: 330 Status: Stopping

Nov 4, 2010 4:11:35 AM com.virsa.cc.xsys.bg.BgJobManager stopJob

INFO: In BgJobManager calling publishMapMessage Changing the Job Status of JobId=330:JobStatus:4

Nov 4, 2010 4:11:35 AM com.virsa.cc.xsys.bg.BgJob setStatus

INFO: Job ID: 330 Status: Stopping

Nov 4, 2010 4:12:25 AM com.virsa.cc.xsys.riskanalysis.AnalysisDaemonBgJob scheduleJob

-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer to the note "1168120 - Risk Analysis and Remediation 5.3 Support Package (VIRCC)" that has the information on which patch to go to. Also refer to "0001484232 Job Stuck in Stopping State in RAR". The note 1484232 doesn't seem to have been yet released. So you are stuck in resolving our problem.

Regards,

Giri

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and restarting the server changes the Job status to Aborted. I think this happens due to manually stooping/ terminating the job as per note 1168120.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update the Table VIRSA_CC_SCHEDULER for the Job ID with STATUS=5.

This will update the status of the Job in RAR as ABORTED instead of STOPPING.

Actual solution is to upgrade

former_member80258
Participant
0 Kudos

Cleared for my Issue

Thank you Giridhara

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Giridhara!

Did you check java-processes, db tablespaces?

Did you try to restart whole GRC?

Regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same error, and I have restarted the GRC server. However, it didnt resolve the issue. Has anyone been able to resolve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

per my knowledge....restarting RAR job schedular is only option at present......

please restart it from Visual Admin....

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have got to check the table entry for the job in virsa_cc_thread table to identify the correct status of the job.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Giridhara!

How long you see this status?

Regards,

Artem

Edited by: Artem Ivashkin on Nov 5, 2010 12:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have similar situation . the job is in the state 'stopping' for almost 12 hrs now . I can see the job scheduler status as running . Can anybody have any ideas ? thanks

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the status remain unchanged? Check the performance parameters in the configuration tab. This should resolve the issue.

Rgds,

Raghu