cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe on Teradata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to replace our existing SAP BI Reports with an EDW & SAP BO Soulution.

Currently in the SAP Bi reports , the currency translations are done at the Query Designer lever - Target Currency Determined through selection variable.

In the proposed solution, we will source the data from DSO to Teradata core and then to semantic layer. Universe will be built on top of Teradata and finally we will have the Webi report which will be similar to the existing Bex reports.

How can we achieve the currency translation functionality using this new model.

Any Thought /ideas are welcome.

Regards,

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

I am working on a similar project in which we plan to move database from BEx queries of SAP BW to Teradata. The reporting on SAP BO would continue as is. I would really appreciate if you can share your learnings from this project. Few areas where I seek your opinion are -

1) In Bex query based OLAP UNV universe there are is modeling (joins, alias, contexts, etc.) on a BO Universe. Will Teradata be able to provide a me a consolidated views having all objects (Dimensions, measure, details)? Or we will have to build universe using base teradata tables and take care of aggregates, joins, etc at Universe.

2) Data Security\Row level security: needs to be implemented in BO universe or can be handled at Teradata (like authorizations in BW).

3) Is Query Stripping supported by Teradata-BO stack using UNX universe.

4) Any best practices\limitations\show stoppers you came across.

Look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sameer