Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I restrict selections in FCHN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to know if there is way to restrict access to viewing payroll checks in FCHN that can be controlled by a security object. (We only have one company code). Currently the user executes FCHN and selects co code, house bank, and if they check the little box next to "Payroll Checks" it will return a "not authorized message "(I restricted it on the object)

The problem is, if they do not check that little box, or they run the report with no selection criteria, the register does return Payroll checks in the register.

How can I restrict that? I thought of a transaction variant for those users that are not supposed to see those checks but am not sure that is the best way to go. We are on ECC7.0 and are not using HR.

I have searched this and other forums and cannot seem to get an answer. The business is pushing for a security answer and not a custom programming answer! I was hoping a screen or a transaction variant would accomplish what I need but I need help!

Thanks

Bobbi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked that report and it looks like the logic for that check box is:

1) If it's checked then it selects records which have letter "H" at the end of field payr-laufi. As you noticed it also performs additional check for object P_ABAP.

2) It it's not checked then it excludes all records with letter "H" at the end of field payr-laufi.

It looks like there is a naming convention for recognizing payroll checks and you might not following this convention.

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be honest this sounds like a config error.

The check box does an upfront check which fails --> okay.

But the system does not know that your payroll cheques are infact payroll cheques?

Check with your funcky consultant first, otherwise it is a program error and you should open a message with SAP.

I place my bets on option 1 as it is very underrated as source of security failures.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Not getting much help from my functional consultants. So until they can figure something out I want to know if it is possible to create a screen/transaction variant for FCHN? I usually can do this with no problems but for some reason this one is giving me trouble!

I want to default the little box "Payroll Checks" to have it checked and then hidden from the screen.

I don't seem to be able to get to the screen where I can deactivate things. I get the VARIANT ATTRIBUTES screen. When I check Protect field and Hide Field for Payroll Checks field, name the variant and save, it takes me to the Screen Values popup but from here I cannot seem to make anything work!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hiding the box or not checking it is going to produce the same, so you have no gain here.

You need to pester your funky consultant some more...

Let me know if you want this moved to the ERP Financials forum (do not duplicate post!)

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

If the box was checked, it does restrict viewing the payroll checks. It's when they select Payroll from the dropdown and uncheck the boxs that the payroll checks display. Are you saying that having the box checked and then hidden won't still restrcit the display?

0 Kudos

Hmmm... I see now what you mean.

The dropdown menu should still check the HR auths though. Have you granted any of these auths even although you dont use HR?

Also try an ST01 trace and jump to the code and see whether there is a config option ahead of the check. This has helped me many times.

But I still think it is a funky problem if your auths are correct...

Cheers,

Julius

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked that report and it looks like the logic for that check box is:

1) If it's checked then it selects records which have letter "H" at the end of field payr-laufi. As you noticed it also performs additional check for object P_ABAP.

2) It it's not checked then it excludes all records with letter "H" at the end of field payr-laufi.

It looks like there is a naming convention for recognizing payroll checks and you might not following this convention.

Cheers