Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do SPs get reapplied during EHPs?

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think this is the case, but ...

If I become current with SP maintenance on our ERP 700 system and then in a year apply EHP4, will my EHP4 maintenance reinstall the 701 version of all of the SPs I've already installed in our 700 system?

The reason I'm asking ... we cannot get the downtime from the business to apply EHP4 now. But I think we might be able to get a shorter window of downtime to apply SPs. But I would only do this if it makes the subsequent EHP4 implementation shorter - assuming that we'd already be somewhat caught up on SP maintenance (1 year behind at that point as opposed to 3).

Thank you.

~TJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mathanponnucham
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP has synchronised the delivery of ERP 6 enhancement package support pack stack with the ERP 6.0 support package stack. Please do refer to the section 4.1 EHP - Must Know Guide available in http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp -> Media Library SAP Enhancement packages.

Hence in your case you don't have to reinstall the SPs.

Regards,

Mathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I become current with SP maintenance on our ERP 700 system and then in a year apply EHP4, will my EHP4 maintenance reinstall the 701 version of all of the SPs I've already installed in our 700 system?

Enhancement pack until EHP3 targets the SAP_APPL component, IN EHP4 it combines Netweaver EHP1 together with ERP EHP4.

This means, you application component will be in 604 whereas netweaver components(SAP_ABAP,SAP_BASIS, etc) in 701 release.

To answer your question, when you apply EHP4, it installs from your current level to the latest level or the level you define.

I found the following wiki link a worth to visit.

Link: [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/12313] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Former Member
0 Kudos

EHP4 has different support pack level ie for basis 701, applications 604 etc. hence this is a mini upgrade from 700 to 701.

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

I know this. The SP maintenance path changes, and they're renumbered, but does everything need to be reimported at the new level, or just the delta gets imported at the new level? Thank you.

~TJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TJ,

Yes everything from the level where you were once you installed EhP4, say if you have upgraded now to EhP4 with SP 2, so from there onwards for EhP4 you have implement SP's till the latest available or whatever your company decides you need to apply. Is that makes any sense, or still confused, the original question what you have asked is kind of mixture of both i.e. 700 at latest level = 701 at some SP level.

In your case it is just the Delta NOT everything.

Hope this helps you,

regards,

Sanjay Macherla

Edited by: Sanjay Macherla on Nov 4, 2010 10:07 PM