cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Heuristic not created planned order for a demand in Distribution Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a Free of Charge order in my DC IN04. Performed heuristic on DC and the demand are generated except one material. This material is having no stock in DC and is externally procured from IN02 Plant. But there is no planned order created for this material upon heuristic run. What could be the reason?

The material stock is zero and there is no pending purchase requisitions or forecasts for this. This could be a first order for this material.

Please reply.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nilesh

I do not know what a free of charge order is. Anyways from your question , i understand that you have demand in your DC and the DC procures externally from plant IN02 . When u run heuristic no supply is generated at DC .

First of all a planned order will not be generated for this scenario. when you run heuristic stock will get transferred from plant IN02 to DC - and hence a stock transport req ( purchase req) will get generated in the DC . Check in receipts view /n/sapapo/rrp3 if you have purchase reqs . In case you dont see any reqs then you have to check two things - check if the procurement type in product master is "F" external procurement and check if a transportation lane exists from the plant to the DC ( /n/sapapo/scc_tl1) and also the material in question must be in the transportation lane.

If you dont see a transportation lane , then you have to set special procurement keys in the dc in R/3 material master and CIF over the material to APO .

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

Thanks for the answer. I checked below things

1. Procurement Type maintained for product in DC is "F"

2. Transportation Lane exists from Plant to DC and Product is maintained for this Plant.

Still the PR is not created in the DC?

One more thing to add is, this product does have any forecast in the past and is newly getting planned, do we have any concept of planning file entry in APO?

Do we need to maintain any categories for this?

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nilesh

Yes we do have the concept of planning file entries in APO. But then the planning file entries will get created only if you have configured net change planning . Otherwise all the products in your heuristic selection are going to get planned .

Now coming back to your problem , if there is demand in the DC then SNP heuristic defenitely has to generate reqs for the material. Once more thing you can check is if your product - trnasportation lane entry is not locked .

What planning book are you using - custom or SAP standard. When you load the matrerial - DC in planning book do you see "total demand" value in the buckets? The concept of categories is very important here as you have mentioned. For every key figure in the planning book , you can check what category / category group it is associated with ( /n/sapapo/msdp_admin). .

Please refer to this thread for detailed explanation

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

Can you tell me how do I check whether my product-transportation lane entry is locked?

We are using custom planning book which is copy of 9ASNP02. What I know about the category group is the Sample Order I am talking about is Free Delivery Order "BQ-FreeDeliv" and not a standard sales order of category "BM-SalesOrder". So do I need to maintain BQ in the Category Group K01?

When I load the matrerial - DC in planning book I do not see "total demand" value in the buckets. If I maintain the above setings will I see that?

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nilesh

To check if your product tl entry is locked go to /n/sapapo/scc_tl1 - give source and destination - source will be your plant and destination is dc

Once you go in select the line that contains the product in question and double click on it . Now in the parameters table check if the block indicator field has value "available" . It should not have value "locked" .

Coming back to your BQ question - the first thing you have to check is whether the free deliveries apper in APO. To do this go to product view - /n/sapapo/rrp3 and check for the product DC combination if the deliveries exist. If they dont then you have to check your Sales order integration model and transfer the deliveries to APO.

Once you c the delieveries in APO, to plan supply the deliveries have to be visible in some demand keyfigure (say X) in custom planning book. Once you decide the key figure in which the delivery shoudl be visible , go to /n/sapapo/msdp_admin open up the planning area associated with your custom planning book and check if a category group is assigned to key figure X . If so get the category group and go to SPRO and in category group maintenance configuration associate category BQ with the category group and you must now be able to see the delivery demand against this key figure in pb.

Now run heuristic and you should see the supply PR's

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

I have added the Category "BQ" in the Category Group of Sales Order and it is working fine now. It is showing the Demand in PB and also on SNP Run created a PR.

Thanks a Lot.

Answers (0)