cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running log conversion from command line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDN experts,

As you most certainly know, SAP logs and statistics can be exported to other file formats (e.g. XLS, DOC, HTML...) by the click of the button.

Is it possible to do the same, i.e. export the log to a specific format via the command in command line?

Thank you

Igor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending on what logs are you talking about. Most Basis logs are already written in some way at OS level (WP logs, Securit Audit Logs, Br* logs, etc..)

Can you be more specific?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Well in my particular case there are several logs I need to have, but all of them are about Financial Services Bank Analyzer CVPM module.

E.g. when calling /BA1/FW_PROCMON (the CVPM process monitor) I can check log with process statistics and these statistics can be exported to an external file.

One of the things I need to do is to export these statistics via the command line or simply figure out if they are stored in some file on the OS level.

Is there a way to do either of the things mentioned?

Thank you

Igor

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, Im not familiar with Bank Analyzer but the first thing you need to do is find out where the logs are stored? or if the logs/stats are the result of a report then they can be spooled.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks that they are result of a report. How can I spool them; i.e. what is the command?

Thank you,

Igor

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If they are the result of a SAP report, they'll be spooled, you can talk to your abaper so this reports can be set to run in the background and then exported to a specific location or mailed to the interested parties.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds easy enough.

Btw, how to determine for sure if they can be spooled? Sorry if this is a naive question, but this is the first time I've been told for that option.

Thank you

Igor

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The outcome of a report is formatted, that formatted data can be printed/transfered/exported (spooled) that printout is the one that you'll be using.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have scheduled / define your report using SM36. Then you can monitor your jobs using SM37, there will be a spool column. If you see spool icon mean you report has create a spool request. Which you can view using spool button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok that is clear to me, however, the idea is to get to these reports without getting inside the SAP system. That is why I am asking for the way to run it from the command line.

To provide some more info, the job management is done via Autosys job management tool (not SAP's work-flow) and the Autosys is unable to get inside the SAP logs and reports. Instead, it can run anything that can be executed via the command line.

In this particular case, if there is a command line directive that can trigger log extraction and/or spooling that would be the solution.

Best regards

Igor

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I presume you could use SAPEVT from OS level to trigger a job to run whatever report you need that can drop the data in a particular path so your 3rd party software can pick it up.

You can get plenty of info about SAPEVT around..

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try that. Thank you.

Igor