Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same user id for JDBC connection works in DEV but not in PRD

daixiong_jiang3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a JDBC2RFC scenario working well all the time in the DEV environment, and now we just finished setting up the PRD environment and took this scenario there, but when we active the scenario and tr to fetch data from an oracle database,the following error message appears :

Error during database connection to the database URL
 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@<ip> :<port>:<service_name>' 
using the JDBC driver 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver':
 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException:
 Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:
@<ip> :<port>:<service_name>': SQLException:
 ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied '

but the same username/password still works well in DEV and PLSQL, so what might be the reason and how can we correct it.

by the way, the DEV is a all-in-one installation and the prd is a HA one.

thanks and <<Text remove by moderator>>

Dario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jiang,

From the above logs it clearly shows that the issue is with the User Name and Password. Could you double check the password which you have entered.

Could you also double check the SQL statement which are using to query the database.

Regards,

Sudhir

daixiong_jiang3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SudHir,

I am sure this is not an issue of usernam/password, I guess it is caused by the internal communication error of PI: the JDBC adapter can not get the username/password from communication channel, which is configurated in ID.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not necessary that the user id of Dev will be same in Production, so check with JDBC side and confirm the user-id and password.

daixiong_jiang3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think that's not the point, because we also connect to the target production database in DEV,which means we will connect to the same database in DEV and PRD, so we use th same ID/PASSWORD.

Is there any difference of JDBC deployment and configuration between ALL-IN-ONE installation and HA?

thanks.

Dario

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The database user id is same in DEV and PROD?

raj.