Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI and NWDS

nicola_blasi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

i've implemented an NWDI NW7.11CE and deployed biller direct application.

I created a track and through NWDS people try to develop.

They have downloaded the track from NWDI through NWDS and they can develop, modify, create and delete pieces of codes .

The problem is that they work locally in their client without that NWDI intercept their modifying.

It's the first time that i have to do with NWDI and NWDS and how can configure it to allow the every modifing in NWDS locally has seen by NWDI?

I hope is clear....for me not so much.

Thanks

Nicola

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

benjamin_houttuin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

The way you describe it is how NWDI and NWDS works.

1. NWDI administrator creates a track and defines what SCs can be developed or not.

2. Developer connects to the DTR inactive space, via NWDS, and Synchronizes the sources from the server on his local pc.

3. the Developer can create new DC's or start enhancing the existing DC's... Either way a new Activity is triggerd.

4. This activity is like a registration with NWDI that changes are happening.

5. Developers can Check in changed coding OR can Activate there activity.

Checking in only uploads the source code changes back in to the DTR inactive space, BUT Activating an activity means that in addition the code is build and if ok is moved to DTR active space AND if a runtime system is configured for DEV then it is also deployed.

So the developer always works locally. Only the developer can trigger the "uploading" of is changes back to NWDI.

I hope this is a bit more clear now...

PS Check this http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/elearn?rid=/library/uuid/c0b1f2c8-54e0-2910-9ab3-b85f15093655

Cheers B.

Edited by: Benjamin L.F. Houttuin on Nov 8, 2010 12:29 PM

nicola_blasi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

I'm not working on NWDS, anyway i think developer has problem with the step 2 about your answer.

He said that the Sync option is disabled in inactive space.

My opinion is not a basis problem but something to set in NWDS.

I'll see that something is changed in last days.

Thanks

Nicola