cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE80 Browser layout settings- can we create a default layout for all users?

Former Member

Hello,

I am trying to set up a layout in the RE80 navigator which will be available globally to all users with access to RE80.

Is this possible? Iu2019m not sure whether it is, but I canu2019t believe that you can only set up your own layout (especially given the relative complexity of doing this from an end useru2019s point of view).

Many thanks,

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

For everybody who is searching for this answer:

Finaly this question was solved 11 years later by Andre Nakratzas:

" Yes you can via tcode SPERS_MAINT. Select the system radio button and click F2. Update the following objects:

RECA_WB_BROWSER_LAYOUT - to set the layout structure

RE_GUI_SETTINGS - to reduce the drop down list in RE80.

The user can now select this layout in their session.

Regards, Andre"

You can find the new question from 2021 here:

2021 Answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

In the RECAPICCUST Transaaction, if user flags the checkbox, system pics the layout and background image from customization. if your requirment is to stop users from image, then basis can block authorization for this t code and at the time of creation of user basis can flag this check box.

Thanks,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

Thank you for your response. When I said 'layout' I was actually referring to the functionality that allows the user to change and filter the way the property hierarchy is displayed - under the 'object overview' section of the RE navigator. By selecting the 'layout' icon, followed by 'Edit', you are able to select which objects are visible in the hierarchy, and which are hidden.

Coupled with the assignment of different types of icons to these RE objects in customising, you can build a really nice view of Business Entities, Buildings, Properties, Rental Objects and Contracts, while hiding all the objects which may not be in scope and are therefore of no relevance to the user.

The system only seems to allow these changes to be performed by each seperate user - there does not seem to be a way whereby I could create a new Global layout, which would automatically be applied to all users of the RE navigator as the default layout.

As I said previously though, I would be surprised if there wasn't a way that this could be achieved?

Thanks,

Oliver