cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File adapter is not picking up file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am usning the sender file adapter to process a file through FTP. Adapter does not pick up the file, however it recognise the file, as it appears in the error message. Below is the text of the error message:

<i>Could not process file '<b>filename</b>': com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 toSAP: No such file or directory.</i>

I am not sure yet whether this file is <b>read only</b>. Can read only file not be processed in FTP ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the similar problem when transfer a file to IBMAS400, this is the error message :

"The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Unable to do a lookup on the file name specified..."

I check the directory/file permissions for the user, but the problem is not resolved.

I use "create a temporary file" and suspect that the problem is for IBM system when try to change the name(i rename the file too). When i don't use temporary file, the rename its ok and the problem disapear.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the same problem. In advance, we can see in FTP Server log that CWD command it is called twice, for example :

00:00:59 10.15.64.187 [4669]USER MDM 331 0

00:00:59 10.15.64.187 [4669]PASS - 230 0

00:00:59 10.15.64.187 [4669]CWD MDM_55600_MATERIAL_STD\Outbound\ESN_800\_MATMAS05\Ready 250 0

00:00:59 10.15.64.187 [4669]CWD MDM_55600_MATERIAL_STD\Outbound\ESN_800\_MATMAS05\Ready 550 3

00:01:59 10.15.64.187 [4669]QUIT - 550 0

If we create a directory MDM_55600_MATERIAL_STD\Outbound\ESN_800\_MATMAS05\Ready into the first directory Ready where it is positioned with first cwd , its works !!

First CWD is called for read file an seccond for processing, somebody knows because this behavior ?

Best Regards

Claudio Maino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have the same problem today....have you get a solution for this problem?

Best regards

Mechthild

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note the below points:

Adapter accesses the server and recognise the file as the file name is returned in the error message.

No issue with case in file name.

File is with write access.

Processing mode used is 'Delete'. I even tried Test but did not work.

File typs is Binary

Transfer mode is Binary

There is no connection security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dehra,

Can you pls check the following with your network administrator.

1. Pls do check what authorization is provided for each user group. There will be a user group to which the user with which you are trying to access this FTP server is attached.

2. If its in Unix OS then you should be having the read/write/delete permission depending on the mode you put in your file adapter. Something like a 777 (full authorization) is always better.

3. In Windows also the FTP server configuration need to be revisited with the user groups permission and also the folder hierarchy and permissions at each level for the parent and child levels

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dehra,

Check the CASE of file name. File names are case sensitive.

- Satish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dehra,

<i>Can read only file not be processed in FTP ?</i>

If you have File Processing Mode as test , then a Read only file can be proccesed by XI.

The error clearly states , No such file or directory, just check if the Directory is valid.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Are you archiving the file?

2. Please can you do a test mode and see if the file gets picked up.

3. If the adapter is able to see the file name then it must be issue or read/write auth.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Directory and file are accesable as the error message comes back with file name. Regarding authorizations: I am able to perform get/delete on the file, when I ftp with the same user id which is being used in communication channel now.

Any more idea ???

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dehra,

Just give a try by restarting the XI Server. I mean a system level rebooting.

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dehra,

The error message <i>No such file or directory</i> clearly states the file is not accesible for XI server.

Check whether the ftp server is up and running.

Check whether u have specified the correct path in adapter config.

Also more details on sender adapter config pls.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Message was edited by: Jai Shankar