SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplication error in FMBB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FM experts

this morning, i found the BUED_DOCNR was not incresed until above 70 budget documents were generated. so i have created the budget documents continuosely for monitoring the number range. suddenly, i had met duplication error when i save the budget document using FMBB. (maybe 101th budget document)

now, after saving document, system message said that the budget document number was restarted with 1 but, it caused the duplication error.

the strange thing is that BUED_DOCNR is increased now ??? but, still the duplicaiton errors were happened. because 97 budget documents were already saved in SYSTEM. could you explain this situaiton? nobody touched the number range.

and the current IMG setting was same with a previous project's one.

regards,

MK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check RFFMKU_DOUBLE_ANALYSER program. For more info, read note 1036901.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, the most often problem with number ranges occurs through number range transporting between different systems

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check RFFMKU_DOUBLE_ANALYSER program. For more info, read note 1036901.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , thanks for your advice regarding the RFFMKU_DOC_DOUBLE_ANALYSER program.

but, in my case, there were no duplication documents in system now so the program did not produce duplication documents.

i am testing the system before go-live, i made several budget documents and those were saved successfully. but yesterday, i found that BUED_DOCNR(budget doc no object) was 0. it was not not increased by system fault or someone touched it.

anyways, BUED_DOCNR object is working successfully now, so the duplication error was happened as i saved new budget document starting with document number 1.

i don;t think someone reset BUED_DOCNR. i want to know whether this case is often come out without manual work or not.

if someone reset the BUED_DOCNR by mistake, i will increase the current BUED_DOCNR right now and the duplication error will not be happened.

if not human error, i am afraid that the BUED_DOCNR is suddenly reset by system fault

Regards,

MK

Edited by: MK on Nov 5, 2010 7:49 AM

Edited by: MK on Nov 5, 2010 7:50 AM

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have note [1290565|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1290565] in your system?

And I think this note is interesting too:

[879912|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/%20879912]

let us know your comments

kind regards

Mar