Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while executing the Job:Cannot assign NULL to host variable 1

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have the following issue:

Error while executing the Job:Cannot assign NULL to host variable 1. setNull() can only be used if the corresponding column is nullable. The statement is "INSERT INTO "VIRSA_... (see log for details)

Note 1362138 - Rule generation - null pointer exception virsa_cc_rtmap doesn't me. After uploading files of ZCC_DOWNLOAD_SAPOBJ and ZCC_DOWNLOAD_DESC I got the same problem during job running...

How can I find out where is the problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope there are some null values in your SU24 data. Please check it once.

Rgds,

Raghu

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

How can I identify "wrong"Null?

Is Tabulation Null?

The files contain a lot of rows with <Tab>values, can <Tab>values be Null?

/BEV1/EMS<tab>B_V1_TCODE<tab>INFOTYP<tab><tab>

is this example wrong?

Regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think this is the same we used to have after a ruleset change is made and uploaded incorrectly, the null value is a space entry in the from - to cells.

Ask for a download of the ruleset (it may just be your local one but could be the global one) and do an edit/replace space with nothing on the columns containing the values. Have it double-checked if the edit/replace comes back with a "x number of entries replaced" message before having it uploaded to make sure you haven't also just lost leading zero values too.

If the edit/replace says nothing was found I've just wasted your time

Cheers

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you exporting-importing rules from a GRC system? or you are using SAP standar rule files? IF you are using SAP Standard rulefiles, I would say you get a fresh copy of them and than try again.

Thanks,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya

Obtaining a new ruleset could result in lots of work re-localising before uploading ;-( but good if all else fails.

Sorry - edited - I'll read more carefully (as best as I can) you did say only if using SAP standard ruleset but that is highly unlikely given the number of disabled fields and omissions it comes with so I just took it that the global/local would be changed to match the business/silly errors.edited

Cheers

David

Edited by: David Berry on Nov 4, 2010 7:02 PM

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you David for answer,

my permission file contains only this values with space:

BS03 SM30 S_TABU_CLI CLIIDMAINT ' ' 1

BS03 SM31 S_TABU_CLI CLIIDMAINT ' ' 1

BS03 SPRO S_TABU_CLI CLIIDMAINT ' ' 1

FI04 FI13 S_TABU_CLI CLIIDMAINT ' ' 1

FI06 F-60 S_TABU_CLI CLIIDMAINT ' ' 1

FI06 OB52 S_TABU_CLI CLIIDMAINT ' ' 1

HR04 CAT2 P_ORGIN SUBTY ' ' 1

And no space in action file

This is all what I have in standard file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you also need to check that there is a return(enter key has been pressed) at the end of every line. You could do that by opening the file in word. There is a way in ms word whereby you can see all the returs, which become marked with a pipe symbol. I just cant recollect how!

Edited by: chinmaya prakash on Nov 4, 2010 8:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

That looks like your fields are disabled but they could still be causing the problem edited ( nah - talking rubbish as you've put dummy " " in there) edited - the 'null' error caused many background jobs to fail but, once we had the evidence to show the space (somebody had pressed enter instead of delete/backspace to clear the entry) it stopped the problem - just a bit of learning on the job which we all go through for the GRC chaps in KL.

A " " would be valid but a (I know you can't see it but it's there wouldn't be )

edited.When you did an edit/replace did it say it had replaced anything please?edited

The word doc option does sound good!

Cheers

David

Edited by: David Berry on Nov 4, 2010 7:33 PM

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

why do you think that this value wouldn't be there?

I see in SU24 - it has the same value, also I posted the rows from SAP delivered file.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

It's funny but my find function in Word shows me 7 spaces, but Word's statistic shows me 175937 symbols with spaces.

Or don't understand somethings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Stick to the excel output option, edit replace the seven spaces and ask for an upload to your dev box. Try the job again. The downloads can carry through empty spaces for field lengths but I think the 1000s result can be ignored but this needs verifying as it been some months since I was RAR just check also the " " entries!

Regards

David

Edited by: David Berry on Nov 4, 2010 9:00 PM

A thought

In excel when doing edit replace are you putting a space in the replace what field? Or are you putting " "?

Sometimes we get misunderstood ...just checking

Edited by: David Berry on Nov 4, 2010 9:14 PM

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Thank you fof help.

I found where exactly problem was. In my permission file I had row:

SD02<tab>Z_TCODE

I've change it into:

SD02<tab>Z_TCODE<tab>S_TCODE<tab>Z_TCODE<tab><tab>0

And after this rules were generated without any problem.

I've adviced to SAP's support to put comments about checking action/permission files in note Note 1362138 - Rule generation - null pointer exception virsa_cc_rtmap, not only SU24 files. Will see, maybe someday this note will be changed

Regards,

Artem Ivashkin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1. Open the upload file in Notepad

2. Save as UTF-8

3. Try again

Frank.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Files were saved in UTF-8.

Regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

For which job is this? The static text or the Authorization Data?

Thanks,

Chinmaya

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, excuse me!

This message was given to me by Rule Generation job.

Regards,

Artem