cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Monthly process chain in APO on a fixed day (for example Monday)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello APO Gurus,

I need your help in the scheduling of a monthly process chain in APO. This process chain should run once a month on Monday (2nd /3rd Monday of the Month). Currently we are scheduling it manually.

We already have a plan ready for the next year 2011.

For Example:

JAN 2011: The process chain should run on Monday 17-01-2011 (3rd Monday of the month)

FEB 2011: It should run on Monday 14-02-2011 (2nd Monday of the month)

MAR 2011: It should run on Monday 14-03-2011 (2nd Monday of the month), etc

Can you please advice, how we can automate this schedule in advance. I have idea that Decision function could be used to control such schedule, but no idea which function/formula should be used.

I will appreciate any of your help.

Kind regards,

Mukesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

You can create a calendar in which keep only the day on which you want the process chain to run as workday in the month. e.g from your requirement 17th jan 2011 in Jan, 14th feb 2011 in Feb and so on.

Now you can assign this calendar to Process chain. For Assigning press the >> button in the direct scheduling tab and Assign the calendar made. Keep the workday value as 1 as the only workday in the month is the day on which you want chain to run.

Schedule the chain accordingly . It will run as per your defined calendar.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guarav,

I did not know about this option. Thank for your solution. i will certainly try it.

Regards,

Mukesh

Answers (0)