Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintainence Package in SDCCN

former_member424387
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We were using one SolMan system.

Now we will be having a new SolMan. Have instaled it and post prcessing complete.

Now configuring EWA for one of the landscapes.

If I goto SDCCN of any of the satellite systems.. I see the Task Maintainence Package withTask System of old SolMan...

Why this, do I need to schedule a Task Maintainence Package with System New SolMan? If yes, how with what parameters?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Task Maintainence Package will kick off EWA on weekly basis. There is no other option to schedule EWA.

Regards,

Digesh

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The maintainance package does several things.

One is to refresh service defintions, the second is to refresh sesssions, the third is to delete old session and log data.

So you could schedule these three tasks as seperate periodic tasks.

One would be to refresh service defintions, the second would be to refresh sessions, the third delete old session and log data.

This would have the same effect as scheduling the Maintenance Package. Why? Because this is all the Maintenance package does in the convenience of one task.

While the maintenance package is the recommended way, there are of course other possibilities to accomplish the same.

Hope this helps for a better understanding.

Regards,

Paul

former_member424387
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies,

1 In all Satellite Systems - I have now scheduled Maintenance Package (with Back RFC to SolMan) to run Periodically (everyday). Anythingmore to be done?

2. In SolMan System itself, the Maintenance Package, Target System /RFC should point to OSS right?

3.In Satellite Systems - Can I now delete all the other Maintenance Packages - with Target System pointing to OSS and some to my Old SolMan.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello SALPG ADMIN,

I would agree with 1, 2 and 3 are necessary.

Make sure on the satellite system in SDCCN in the menu Goto > Task Specific Settings > RFC Destinations

that the *_BACK RFC to the Solution Manager system is set as the "Master". This step cannot be overlooked if you had the satellite systems sending to another Solution Manager system in the past, this will need to be changed.

Regards,

Paul

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello SALPG ADMIN

Rohan is correct. You need to schedule a new Maintenance Package task using the proper RFC destination,

SM_<SID>CLNT<CL#>_BACK which can be created via SM59.

Howevver you also want to maintain this RFC in SDCCN in Setting> Task Specific >RFC Destinations.

As you want to process EWA report on the new Solution Manager system, you will make this RFC destination the Master,

With these changes on the managed/satellite systems, the new SOLMAN should be able to schedule and process the EWAs

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to schedule a new Maintenance Package in each system and maintain in the task specific settings to connect via the back RFC to the new SolMan. Of course the RFC has to exist and be created via the new SolMan.

Also ensure your new SolMan is the master system for all managed systems in SMSY > Administration SDCCN.

Don't forget to start your task processor periodically (hourly) once you have scheduled the maintenance package.

Regards,

-Rohan