Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody is giving me points since yesterday evening

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

since yesterday i used to get points for my answers but since yesterday evening no body is giving me points.

please explain me the reason.

regards,

balajia

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Nov 4, 2010 9:23 AM - vague subject corrected

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> hi,

>

> this is to inform you that,

>

> since yesterday i used to get points for my answers but since yesterday evening no body is giving me points.

>

> please explain me the reason.

>

> regards,

> balajia

You think you have a problem?

I am a generous person and i want to give each and everyone points... but i can't! How do you think i feel? I simply can't express my generousity and feel kind of left out. I need a hug... someone please give me a hug.

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I need a hug... someone please give me a hug.

Sorry, couldn't find the 'hug' triangle. Maybe one of the huggerators can help?

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't look for a triangle, the button looks like this:u2665

Thomas

...darn, the size tags don't work any more?

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u2665

Note:Preview looks ok,but not updating in output.

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Nov 6, 2010 10:43 AM - output looks ok too

Edited by: Gautham Vangaveti on Nov 7, 2010 8:42 PM

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks every body

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> thanks every body

That's like 6 billion bodies... will take a long time before you're done thanking each and everyone.

If useful, please hug me. (actually.. i like that, so i'm going to use it as a signature only to prove i am not mean)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know what you're thinking: "Did he delete six plagarised posts or only five?"

Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kind of lost track myself.

But, being this is a Cal .44 Guest-o-Blaster, the most powerfull button in the forums and would delete your user ID clean off of SDNu2026 you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky with the ponits today?"

Huh, repeat offender?

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[Harry ''ponits hunter hunter'' Callahan!|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Harry]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaji is up against a team of Dirty Harry and Chuck Norris...

Place your bets folks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Subject line is not true anymore [Valuable contribution|]

and OP must be happy as he got Ponits for really valuable answer

[Go Ahead make my day...|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_ahead,_make_my_day]

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems all you care is only points.

A user created two similar threads, instead of advising him not to do so or notifying moderator about that, but you are writing same answers on both the threads. Easy way to earn more points, isn't it?

[milestone confirmation process|/thread/1744232 [original link is broken];

[milestone confirmation|;

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> A user created two similar threads, instead of advising him not to do so or notifying moderator about that, but you are writing same answers on both the threads. Easy way to earn more points, isn't it?

Interesting this one. The original, duplicate posts, were from July 2010. But there will be no additional points, as the duplicate has been deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

since last week we used to get points for our answers but since last week you have not given us some points.

please explain us the reason.

regards,

julius

ps: please do the special needfull for Maen!

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sure "Maen" is a typo, he's actually known as "Mean"

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

We should use the French way to solve this intolerable injustice : Stop using SDN, go on strike immediately and blockade all public transport and all gas pumps. Negotiate with the the government and ask for an equal number of points for everybody.

Why points should be reserved for SDN users ? This an injustice !

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many points have been awarded so far. Is there a counter ?

Jen.

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can't answer that because some of us are in a [wildcat strike|http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/find_out/guides/uk/strikes/newsid_3230000/3230613.stm] against the injustices here.

[meoww|http://pbg2user01.doteasy.com/3/1/5/05/images/folder_20120/img2779446b8c3fb45bf4.jpg]

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to see that you're linking to the most heavy-weight news programs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balajia,

since yesterday i used to get poίnts for my answers but since yesterday evening no body is giving me poίnts.

This is outrageous and I feel nobody should be subjected to such cruelty. I feel it's time for a change and I'm getting close to starting a grassroots movement to change the unacceptable contribution system here on SCN. Currently there's two main problems:

<ol>

<li>People need poίnts, but don't get them</li>

<li>People are burdened with giving poίnts (but can only give very few)</li>

</ol>

As a result people get aggravated, waste their time, their health deteriorates and friends break apart. So let's get down to the root cause of the problem and fix this. Going forward I propose we stop forcing and pestering people to assign poίnts - instead we automatically give every person some poίnts every day. As I'm not a communist I'd say let's start with using a nice random function to determine for each person how many poίnts they get per day (e.g. how about between 50-100).

I'm open for suggestions on further improving this process. E.g.we could randomize the time periods between two poίnt awards (e.g. between 1h and 24h). This would make it much more fun and interesting. Further excitement (and diversity) could be added with a daily poίnt lottery.

Based on the number of open questions you currently have (234 out of 503 total) I can easily see that you're a curious mind; an unorthodox thinker who asks interesting and very challenging questions, which unfortunately most people don't seem to be ready to answer yet. So wouldn't you agree it's very important to pursue implementation of my new award system to ensure that the clever people we need here on SCN are attracted to the community?

Please support me and use this very appropriate timing to enlighten the SCN community - Happy [Diwali|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diwali]!

Cheers, harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like the lottery idea... the person who posts the luckiest and biggest linkfarm takes the prize home.

Gives the system a further flavour of real currency - but SAP employees and members of their families can't play, right?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

but SAP employees and members of their families can't play, right?

I'm all about equal rights, so I think everybody should be able to participate. Also, consider the possible devastating effect when tons of SAP employees leave the company to get their chance to participate. This would also trash the jobs of people like you and me making a living by supporting SAP applications...

Former Member
0 Kudos

But they might know the algorithm??

Okay, as they could also simply start printing points anyway SAP can play as well.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

>balaji timmampalli achari:

>Total Questions: 503 (234 unresolved)

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Posted: Nov 4, 2010 6:26 AM

This problem seems to have been solved by someone at 09:39:18 this morning.

Let us know whether the problem returns during the afternoon, or possibly between 6:00 and 9:00 AM tomorrow again...

Cheers,

Julius

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably most of them were in diwali holidays this week here in india,

You can expect points for your right suggestions

when they have time to go through replies and your replies really helped them.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, you should not expect to get points for each and every suggestion you gave. Secondly, as I already requested you, your suggestion is not to the point the OP asked and you were also copy pasting from other links which could have been avoided.

Ensure that your suggestion is always as precise as it should be and also, the suggestion should be on your own. It should not have been copy pasted from other links. Instead, you provide the link itself to the question asked.

Needless to say, awarding points is purely at the discretion of the OP who posts the question and nobody can force this. Keep giving suggestions, points will automatically come if your suggestion helps the other member.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ROTFL...

You've had me on the floor. Thanks for the laugh. Havn't done that in a while!

pk

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If people choose not to give you points, that's up to them, isn't it?

matt