cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Support Stacks Cumulative?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a quick question related to SAP Support Stacks. We are on ECC 6.0. SP Stack 17 contains HRSP 53 and SP stack 18 contains HRSP 59. Does this mean that the support stacks are cumulative. That is, that SP 18 contains HRSPs 54 thru 59?

Thank you again for your assistance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A precision : Abap support packages are not cumulative but Java support packages are cumulative.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Precisely so & that's what I said.

But the SP-Stacks ensure the delta is included not everything. Hope that clarifies your doubt.

- Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or further to elaborate, if you are downloading a SP-Stack components for the (n-1) --> nth Stack. You'll see that the entire set of delta support packages for a specific component (in this case SAP HR) is also added to your basket.

- Regards, Dibya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your detailed explanation Dibya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SP-Stacks by themselves are not cumulative i.e. you will have to apply every Support Package Stack 17, 18 in that order.

But every component in the stack is consistent & cumulative.

So what you see as the SAP HR 6.00 SP-level is the highest SP level supplied in that stack & it has rest of the SP's as well.

So as SP-Stack 17 has until 53 of SAP HR, SP-Stack 18 has 54,55,56.57.58 & 59. You can also check it for yourself in the URL that I had provided in the earlier thread by selecting the source stack as 17 & target as 18.

- Regards, Dibya