cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Execute Dynpro ABAP anonymous and get Portal logged User ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please let me know, If Web Dynpro ABAP application can be called anonymously.

Also I have created an iView in Portal, my requirement is to call Web Dynpro ABAP application anonymously and Pass Portal User ID and User Name as URL Parameter.

Request you support in understanding, how this can be achieved.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For question 1: if Web Dynpro ABAP application can be called anonymously.

Ans: Yes, by using the default system user id and Password in the SICF Transaction, you can be able to launch the application. But as Chris said, make sure it doesnu2019t breach any licensing agreement with SAP.

For question 2: Also I have created an iView in Portal, my requirement is to call Web Dynpro ABAP application anonymously and Pass Portal User ID and User Name as URL Parameter

Ans: While creating the iview in the portal, use the following parameter portaluser=<User.UserID> as a application parameter. In your Webdynpro application catch the portal user Id using the following code in the doinit of the component controller.

data: lwf_role type string.

lwf_role = wdr_task=>client_window->get_parameter( 'portaluser' ).

This lwf_role will have the portal user Id.

Thanks,

S.Rajkumar.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can do this - I'm guessing that you are building a password reset application or some such?

What authentication method is used for the WDA is set in the ICF application settings. So a single named user access is possible. However, you should be wary if you are providing anything more than password reset application as running a single named user application could be in breach of your licensing agreement with SAP. (Very hard to track how many users are using an app if they are all using the same user id!)

As for passing parameters to a WDA application, I suggest you do some forum searches - it is a frequently asked and answered question.