cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVS in POWL screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need to create the OVS help for a field in Selection screen in IF_POWL_FEEDER class in which

method do i need to do and help how to do this

Thanks,

Kalyani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chris,

In POWL search functionality , Is it possible to save the search creteria like a variant?.

Thanks and Regards,

Imran A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In POWL search functionality , Is it possible to save the search creteria like a variant?.

no, as POWL search is already a query based and user based so you can create similar queries with different creterias.

Best regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rohit,

Thanks for you reply.

In the option " Quick Search Creteria Maintanence" , I have added few selection options which on click of apply prepares a serach url and fetches data from the external non sap system.

This is being used by higher management and they want a variant kind off search creteria which can be saved and reterived and no need to re enter the search parameters all the time.

Here in POWL apps I could find only one button "APPLY" which I have used to generate the url.

Now for saving the search creteria was trying to find if we have any options available or I can customize by adding one more button and passing the values to a custom table and fetch it back and pass it to the default selection creteria which normally happens in Variant.

But here I cant even locate an option to add a button.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Imran A.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyani,

Implement interface IF_POWL_OVS in a class. (Like a standard OVS, just a little bit modified for POWL)

in your POWL feeder class in the IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_SEL_CRITERIA method populate the selection criteria with the name of your POWL OVS implementation class in the OVS_HANDLER_NAME field of the POWL_SELCRIT_STY structure used in the C_SELCRIT_DEFS parameter of the method.

Cheers,

Chris