cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which subjects i should know to grow in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i m an instrumentation enginner , thn i found SAP intresting and i did my CERTIFICATION in SAP-ABAP. and i m new to computer science field . i found that SAP is big giant . it has so many facets ..

i ve just done CERTIFICATION and i hav some time to get into SAP company

so please tell me which subjectss i should learn before i enter into sap company .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I saw that no one has responded to your question yet... I have very little experience with ABAP but I would suggest to just simply search this site (SCN) and anywhere on the web about ABAP topics that interest you.

I'm sure you learned a some of the capabilities with your certification, just build on that experience by looking around.

Hope it helps,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks kevin ,

i actually want to know which databases do i need to study database subject or java , please tell me some suggested raedings

thanks alot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

i m student of Bs (cs) 2 more years left for completion degree..

sap expert advised me to learn abap because i m intrested in programming and also in web development so expert told me after learning abap u can goto to wypdypro in sap..

i found excellent site for learning abap which is

sapnet.ru/abap21day/ch01/ch01.htm

but my brother my question is that from where i can practice this?

sdn.sap is having problem for downloading sap netwier and i m not able to download it

kindly help me do u have this software?

i hope u will help me as soon as possible..

Regards....

Farhad Idrees

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello rankakshay,

I would suggest diving into some reading material that gives you a broad overview of where your skills can be most applicable. Your absolutely right that SAP ABAP is massive, and much like yourself I am just diving into it now. I have found looking up good literature the best way to learn. The following

Hello Farhad,

Has anyone directed you to this post a while back on SDN?

/people/faisal.altaf2/blog/2010/08/19/step-by-step-installation-of-sap-netweaver-701-sr1-sp3-abap-trial-version-in-oracle-virtualbox-part-13

I think it's what your looking for as it gives you a way to practice your ABAP programming abilities. If you have trouble getting the necessary files, I can help you out as I have them already.

Cheers everyone,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this is late reply, but it is better than nothing. Iu2018ve done both java and database (Oracle). Java is a object orientate programming. It is not hard to learn as long as you can get your head round the object orientated bits. But database is different. There is more job variety in database. There are lots of SAP installation out there that using Oracle. At the end it is personal preferences. I personally more enjoyed doing Oracle than java.