cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NW, this is my first time to do this. I am following the install guide and am having a problem getting the EHPI GUI started. I go through all of the steps correctly and load all of the directories and files, I then use this for the startup command(with all of the correct path's in parentheses).

STARTEHPI SID(<SID>) TYPE(*ABAP) EPIPATH('/<installation directory>') OPTIONS('jce_policy_zip=/<path_to_policy_files>/SAPJVM5_crypto.zip' '-srvarg=/RoleService/off')

The instructions say to then go to a browser and use address http://<host name>:4239. I do this and get nothing at all, like it never even started. Has anyone else had this issue? Seems like all of the people who have had problems have at least had them after getting the thing started. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

Trying running the command without specifying the jce_policy_zip option. I ran into this same problem last week using the latest EHP tools. The only way that I could start the EHPI server was to leave out the jce_policy_zip option. The EHPI server ran fine without the jce_policy_zip option specified.

Regards,

Kolby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris

before that you run command, you rename the download file file jce_policy-1_5_0.zip to SAPJVM5_crypto.zip

I forgot to mention you this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. Kolby I did as you said and ran the command without the jce_policy_zip option and it worked, I was finally able to see the EHP Installer from the browser.

0 Kudos

Hi folks,

the source branch of the EHPI toolset has been changed. The former separately developed SAPehpi.SAR for NetWeaver 7.01 based products has been replaced by a downward-compatible version from the coming NW 7.02 based Business Suite. If you are unsure, check the file VERSSTAMP in the root directory of the extracted EHP installer. The old installer shows a line

SAPehpi = 710-1

and requires the SAP crypto ZIP file while the new version shows the line

SAPehpi = lmt_001

and don't require the security ZIP file. If unsure, start the EHP installer as usual and if it fails just showing the reported error from above (shown in the QPRINT spool file of SIDOFR), simply leave the option out.

Best regards,

René Lang

SAP on IBM i Development

PS: The latest EHPI guides also reflect this change and do not show this option for the STARTEHPI command anymore.

Edited by: Rene Lang on Nov 9, 2010 10:47 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you download the SAPJVM5_crypto??

<installation directory> is /usr/sap/<SID>/EHPI??

Any error appear when you run command STARTEHPI SID(<SID>) TYPE(*ABAP) EPIPATH('/<installation directory>') OPTIONS('jce_policy_zip=/<path_to_policy_files>/SAPJVM5_crypto.zip' '-srvarg=/RoleService/off')

I believe that TYPE parameter is DS, check you installation guide.

ADDLIBLE SAPEPISTARTEHPI SID(<SID>) TYPE(*DS) EPIPATH('/<installation directory>') OPTIONS('jce_policy_zip=/<path_to_policy_files>/SAPJVM5_crypto.zip' '-srvarg=/RoleService/off')

Regards

William Neira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I downloaded the crypto files as instructed in SAP Note 1240081.

Yes <installation directory> is /usr/sap/<SID>/EHPI.

No error appears when I run the command from command line. It says that the job has started, but I have no other indications of anything really going.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe that TYPE parameter is *DS, check you installation guide.

run command with SID<OFR> user

ADDLIBLE SAPEPI

run command

STARTEHPI SID(<SID>) TYPE(*DS) EPIPATH('/<installation directory>') OPTIONS('jce_policy_zip=/<path_to_policy_files>/SAPJVM5_crypto.zip' '-srvarg=/RoleService/off')

Check in WRKSPLF the spool files, that service up.

Check in WRKACTJOB that JOB is running, If yes, check the entries job, Option 5 then option 10.

Regards

William Neira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I do have an error now that I checked the spool files. Here it is...

• Checking if C++ runtime is installed ...

• Starting from /usr/sap/SBW/EHPI/sdt...

• Checking username "sbwofr" for compliance...

Nov 3, 2010 7:50:01 PM ¢Info!: *************************

Nov 3, 2010 7:50:01 PM ¢Info!: Starting Server

Nov 3, 2010 7:50:01 PM ¢Info!: Reading server configuration.

Nov 3, 2010 7:50:03 PM ¢Error!: The parameter jce_policy_zip in externally supplied configuration is invalid.

Nov 3, 2010 7:50:03 PM ¢Fatal!: Error during controller startup.

Nov 3, 2010 7:50:03 PM ¢Fatal!: SL Controller exiting.

Evidently i'm doing something wrong with the jce files even though I followed the instructions and implemented them as instructed in Note 1240081.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check SAP Note 723909, maybe can help you.

or Try download SAPJVM5_crypto.zip

In https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewFilteredPro...

put file in /SAPJVM/

ADDLIBLE SAPEPI

run command

STARTEHPI SID(<SID>) TYPE(*DS) EPIPATH('/usr/sap/SBW/EHPI/') OPTIONS('jce_policy_zip=/sapjvm/SAPJVM5_crypto.zip' '-srvarg=/RoleService/off')

Regards

William Neira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check SAP Note 723909, maybe can help you.

or Try download SAPJVM5_crypto.zip

In http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index-jdk5-jsp-142662.html

Other Downloads -> Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 5.0

Create Folder /SAPJVM

put file in /SAPJVM/

ADDLIBLE SAPEPI

run command

STARTEHPI SID(SBW) TYPE(*DS) EPIPATH('/usr/sap/SBW/EHPI/') OPTIONS('jce_policy_zip=/SAPJVM/SAPJVM5_crypto.zip' '-srvarg=/RoleService/off')

Regards

William Neira