Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Position to top of list on initial display

former_member203650
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear VC Experts,

How can I position a list to the first entry upon initial display or refresh? The default appears to be to position to the END of the list.

Thanks,

Terry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tery,

I am sorry, but I didn't understand the exact scenario

Can you please give me the description of the scenario that you trying to execute and the expected results

Best Regards,

Luba

former_member203650
Participant
0 Kudos

Luba,

For example, if the list has 25 rows, when the list is first displayed, it is positioned to row 25. I want it to position to row 1.

Thanks,

Terry

former_member203650
Participant
0 Kudos

I just realized I was using inocrrect terminology: the control I am speaking of is a table view, not a list! So the problem is that my table positions the user to the last row when it is first displayed; I want it to position the user to the first row. I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I had the "keep current row" checkbox checked on the table view configuration, but it doesn't seem to make any difference whether that checkbox is checked or unchecked.

former_member203650
Participant
0 Kudos

Mystery solved! I found the problem on my own, and corrected it. For posterity, here is the problem and the solution:

Problem: I had specified a sort order on the configuration of the table view. What apparently was happening is that the program was first highlighting the top row of the table, then sorting. Based on the sort, what had initially been the top row would move to some other position in the table, still highlighted, and the program would then position the scroll bar so that the highlighted row was displayed.

Solution: I removed the sort order on the table view config and added a sort operator before the table view. Now the sort occurs before the table view receives the data, and the table view highlights and positions to the first row in the already-sorted table. Hooray!

Cheers,

Terry