cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiply Variant Price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to achieve a scenario in variant configuration, where in all the characteristic values are assinged to a single material in the BOM. we have a requirement to increase the BOM quantity depending on the value choosen. I am able to increase the BOM quantity using STPO - MENGE reference characteristic in a procedure.

I have also maintained the pricing using SDCOM - VKOND reference characteristic but this was pulling only price (VA00) for a quantity of 1. How do I multiply the price depending on either the increased BOM quantity or the charecteristic value chosen?

Thanks in advance,

Surya.

Edited by: surya seemakurty on Nov 3, 2010 11:46 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Surya

Your description is not completely clear.

1) In the Standard VA00 has calculation type as 'C' (Quantity). Check your config and see if it is changed?

2) Before the BOM quantity was increased, is the system using the item quantity correctly ( Hopefully it is more than 1).

Let me know.

s_see
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

VA00 is not changed and it has calculation type as 'C' (Quantity). BOM item quantity is increased from 1 (to the value selected) only after it is exploded in the planned order.

I didn't understand your 2nd point exactly.

Thanks,

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya

I got the answer for 2nd point. The quantity before BOM Explosion is 1 always, right? Also will you provide more details about the process you are following.

But you are saying 'BOM item quantity is changing only after it is exploded in the planned order', that gives some ideas. Is it necessary to explode only in Planned order? Are using variant matching?

1) Can you try changing Config profile (CU42) to 'Single-level' BOM explosion in the order? Configuration Initial screen. Also how is the field 'Pricing' set up in the user interface- Onrequest or Permanent?

2) May be you need to trigger re-pricing: MV45AFZB - USEREXIT_NEW_PRICING_VBAP

s_see
Explorer
0 Kudos

Chandrasekhar,

Sorry for late reply.

Quantity before BOM Explosion is always 1 and client doesn't want the BOM to be exploded in sales order as with the profile setting 'SET'. So I am using the profile setting as u2018Plnd/Prod. Orderu2019 and u2018multi-levelu2019 explosion. I checked with single level explosion also but it didnu2019t multiply the price per the BOM quantity.

1. I am using a procedure for deriving the price for components in configuration profile.

2. Pricing condition records and procedure for pricing is maintained for BOM components and not for the characteristic values.

3. Created 2 characteristics, 1st for reference characteristic u2018STPO u2013 MENGEu2019 and 2nd characteristics with values. The value selected in the 2nd char is assigned to the ref. char with a procedure for a BOM component.

Now I am unable to multiply the price for the quantity increase in BOM, as it is exploded in planned order only.

Is there any way I can write an object dependency (either by procedure or constraints) in configuration profile to multiply the price (e.g., 2 x BOM Component).

On UserInterf, 'Pricing' was set up as permanent.

Thanks,

Surya.

Edited by: surya seemakurty on Nov 10, 2010 11:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya

If you are not exploding, why are you pricing at component level, may be price the BOM header and use procedure to calculate its price after entering the values for characteristic/s.

Also did you consider inserting the procedure for component quantity in the BOM against the component?

Other than that I ahve no more suggestions. May be others will pitch in.

I am also curious what is leading you to change the BOM component quantity based on the characteristic values entered during configuration? What is the business need, can you describe, may be we can approach differently then.

s_see
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar ,

Client wants to select one component based on the slots (number) that can be selected in the sales order value assignment screen. Depending on this slot number the component should be exploded in planned order and price also should be calculated.

I just now solved this pricing issue by adding a procedure in profile using the syntax as below.....

$SELF.Pricing ref Char = 'variant key', $SET_PRICING_FACTOR ($SELF, <pricing ref char>, <variant key>, <factor> )

I took the factor as the characteristic where the slot number is saved.

Now the price is multiplied by the factor.

I am closing this thread....Thanks for your support.

//Surya.