Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get simple roles which are not assigned to composite roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to get simple roles which are not assigned to composite roles in a specific system ?

14 REPLIES 14

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Download all role names by using AGR_DEFINE. Then put the roles in the filed for single roles of the table AGR_AGRS and extract the list. The single roles which are not having any entry correspond to them in Composite Role field they are the one you are looking for.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanjan

Nearly there... AGR_DEFINE is for derived roles, I don't think the report is in SUIM but either AGR_TEXTS (takes a bit of fiddling with the language and double-click on one of the fields - not sure but it's the one for the counter of the row number in long texts to make equal to null to avoid repeated rows of role texts) - download all and do your lookup on AGR_AGRS or it actually is in SUIM and I've never found it so far.

Cheers

David

Just wondering... there is the where used icon in PFCG (looks a bit odd in 4.6C) which shows the relationships - not tried downloading thagt but may be a quicker option if it works (it appears to show all roles to composite roles in 4.6C)

Edited by: David Berry on Nov 3, 2010 6:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanjan

Sorry for saying you were wrong on the AGR_DEFINE table - I didn't know that 'Simple' roles meant derived - I thought they were standard singles! You were spot on...

Cheers

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understanding is that Padmanath is talking about single roles and composites here, and not derived roles with "parent and childs".

Why would Padmanath want to delete all single roles which are not derived?

Anyway, lets wait for the updation...

Cheers,

Julius

ps @ Dieter: Having folks like you and Wolfgang and Frank(s) etc on SDN is what makes it very special in the internet. Hope you enjoy some of the infos out here "in the wild" as well.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Nov 4, 2010 5:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread has me a little confused

I need to get the definition of "simple roles" - are they singles in the ture sense or derived?

Anyhoo, the SUIM reports (from an addled memory) show the direct/indirect role assignment (and by HR?) using those little single/double ball symbols. Maybe, just running those and using the filter (albeit rather unstable) in SAP's functionality combined with the use of * or blank etc in the user field could give the output?

This is something I've always fallen back onto SE16N AGR_TEXTS and AGR_AGRS to find and then output to excel/do a vlookup on the unmatched or maybe better in Acess 'find unmtached' query.

But it would be nice to avoid all that manual labour

Cheers

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread has me a little confused

I need to get the definition of "simple roles" - are they singles in the true sense or derived?

Anyhoo, the SUIM reports (from an addled memory) show the direct/indirect role assignment (and by HR?) using those little single/double ball symbols. Maybe, just running those and using the filter (albeit rather unstable) in SAP's functionality combined with the use of * or blank etc in the user field could give the output?

This is something I've always fallen back onto SE16N AGR_TEXTS and AGR_AGRS to find and then output to excel/do a vlookup on the unmatched or maybe better in Acess 'find unmtached' query.

But it would be nice to avoid all that manual labour

Cheers

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think, if you use some excel skills on the dump of two tables AGRS_AGR and AGR_DEFINE, that should do the trick for you.

Cheers,

Chinmaya

dieter_goedel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm really sorry for the simple question, but what is the reason for your question - what do you want to do? May be the PFCG, SUIM or another undocumented (but existing) tool can help to avoid the usage of EXCEL to handle SAP.

Best regards,

Dieter.

0 Kudos

Hi Dieter

So - what would you do to get this information in SAP please? I've used the download tables/vlookup to resolve so I would be grateful to know how to do it properly?

Many ways of doing the same thing in differently in SAP so I'm always learning

Cheers

David

0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

Nice to see you here

Possibly only composite roles are assigned, and then they want to delete all unused singles loafing around outside of the "request form" (which is based only on composites)? Would be my guess.

A much easier approach is to build robust singe roles from menus and simply delete all composites, but that is a matter of taste and (bad) experience(s)...

I guess the easiest way is to import the names of all singles in AGR_AGRS into the select-options of AGR_DEFINE as an exclusion value list?

However, this of client (logical sytem) dependent, so in a CUA / SolMan environment it can be usefull using the USL* tables in the master to obtain a better overview before deleting any roles (respectively releasing the transports of the same with the "user assignment" flaged).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius , I did this but i want to get Simple roles ( without master roles) which are not assigned to composite roles

I guess there is no short cut , rather than to do delete Master roles manually.

So, that i can get a list of simple roles which are not assigned to composite roles and delete them.

0 Kudos

> I guess there is no short cut , rather than to do delete Master roles manually.

Hmm... you might want to check that with your supervisor first... or did you mean "delete single roles manually"?

There is anyway no standard way delivered to mass delete roles, so you will need a program of your own (see the FAQ sticky thread at the top of the forum for the code). Well, there might be an opportunity for you as well, because deleting a single role which is in a composite throws a warning message at you, so you could code the thing to delete all roles in the system for which the message is not thrown.

However, manual mistakes will only go "bang" once. Automated mistakes will go "Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, rattatatatatatatatatata..... kaboommmmmm!!!!"

Perhaps consider providing more background to what you want to clean-up and why and how often (as requested by Dieter).

Cheers,

Julius

dieter_goedel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Julius, hello David,

Julius - it was your idea that I should have an eye to the forum - and it was a good one ;-).

Please let me wait for the answer of Padmanath and then I'll search for the best solution for all cases in that thread.

But be sure I have some ideas :-).

Have nice day and best regards, Dieter.

Edited by: Dieter Goedel on Nov 4, 2010 6:18 AM - only a small syntax error in the text (My ABAP is better than my english;-)

dieter_goedel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please be patient, as soon as I got the answer from Padmanath - I'll give a statement to the whole thread.

(I'm one of the SAP developer in that area). Best regards,

Dieter.