cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Communication Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sending IDocs from ECC to MII (12.1.0 Build(201)) and noticing the following error in the logs -

IDOC_ERROR_METADATA_UNAVAILABLE: Matching meta data for segment definition "ZMES_INVCON_HDR000" not found when processing IDoc no. 0000000002024679 of type "INVCON02" with extension "ZMESINVC"

I am also noticing the following errors -

com.sap.conn.idoc.IDocRuntimeException: IDocException occurred

handleRequest(), exception sent to client: IDocException occurred

Failed (javax.management.MBeanPermission,#[:j2eeType=trace,name=EndToEndCentralMBean,],isActive,getGuidByName,getTraceLevelByName,getTraceLevelByName,importTrace,isFileExistsLocally,removeTraceFile)java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

No SR connection available, set up it and try again.

Any clue whats wrong?

Regards,

V M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stopping and starting the NW instance fixed it.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are running the RKT version of 12.1. Please upgrade both NW CE and MII to SP5 and 12.1.7 respectively.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

While we are in the process of upgrading, can you tell if the problem we are facing with the IDoc communication failing can be fixed in the RKT version? Or do you think upgrading is the fix to this?

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

I will go with Mike.

There had been few issues with RFC and IDOC in earlier releases of MII 12.1

There was one fix in SP 03 (note 1344452) and one in SP 05 (note 1475279) and many fixes to JCO/JRA were done in SP04 and later

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check if you have selected Unicode option while creating a RFC destination in SM59. if not please make it Unicode.

You can refer to this SAP Notes "1473183" for more detailed info.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The "unicode" is selected. But the problem persists. Apparently that doesn't seem the cause.