cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General UA Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Recently an SAP Mentor posted this comment...

I have heard that there is some "locked" treasury, where these educational materials are kept...

I have tried to find this information first before posting, but it seems that I'm going in circles trying to find the answers.

Collaboration Workspace (Reserve Desk)?

From my understanding this is only accessible to professors who are currently enrolled in the University Alliance. Is this correct? If so, why can't students attending an enrolled UA school view the information? This may simple be a security or copyright issue but it would be EXTREMELY beneficial to see what other students are learning and possible allow us (students) to practice these materials outside of the classroom.

Online workshops?

Now this one I'm almost positive is exclusively for UA professors. Why is this so? Would it hurt anything to at least offer online workshops to students? I'm sure student attendance wouldn't be great (at least at first), but this could potentially be a huge benefit for the University Alliance.

Datango?

Is this feature available to everyone? I have read the [Instructions on using Datango demo's|; and still haven't been able to reach this material. Each time I try I receive: This webpage is not found. I have tried opening the Index.htm document in both Google Chrome and Firefox.

I look forward to your feedback and guidance.

Best Regards,

Kevin Coolman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

At TechEd I proposed to some of the decision makers that the content of the current and past Techeds be made available to students and staff. Bob has blogged about Virtual Teched being available already.

/people/bob.lobue/blog/2010/10/21/discover-technology-innovation-at-sap-events

However some of the best resources are the workshop material. If these are made available, then universities would be able to extend their curriculum offerings. It would also provide the opportunity for students to do independent learning rather than being dependent on an academics knowledge.

I realised that many of the skills discussed at Teched are not being covered by universities so this maybe a way to facilitate this shortfall.

I will keep you updated on any progress which is made.

PS I was not the SAP Mentor who made the comment.

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

Australia

SAP Mentor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks again for responding to my questions. I always appreciate your feedback and opinions. I will check out some of the content from TechEd and thanks for pointing me to Bob LoBueu2019s blog.

Your point about independent learning is exactly what Iu2019m talking about. Iu2019m sure there are many students who could use this information to make their time at a UA enrolled university extremely valuable.

Please do keep me updated!

Best Regards,

Kevin Coolman