cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using own GIF files in ALV table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello being a newbie i am hoping someone can help me

I am trying to display my own icons in my alv table. I have uploaded the gif files into the MIME and i can display them as an image but cant work out how to point my ALV at where the file is stored.

I have managed to display the standard Traffic light icons but what do i need to do in order to display my own

Any help will be greatly apredicated

Thanks

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The image source for mimes uploaded into your own component is <namespace>/<component_name>/<mime_name>

so to access from a different component you could just use

"../<component_name>/<image_name>" as your image source, if both components are in SAP namespace. (the ALV is, and unless you are using a custom namespace yours should be too.)

Let us know if that doesn't work.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for you quick response

Ok so am i not right in thinking that i can just point the programme to my gif file like the code below?

As the predefined Icons RED, YELLOW etc show fine

lv_ratings = lv_ratings / 5 / lv_records.

if lv_ratings eq 1.

wa_vendor-STATUS = 'ICON_RED_LIGHT'.

elseif lv_ratings eq 2.

wa_vendor-STATUS = 'ICON_YELLOW_LIGHT'.

elseif lv_ratings eq 3.

wa_vendor-STATUS = 'ICON_GREEN_LIGHT'.

else.

wa_vendor-STATUS = '<VENDOR_SEARCH_RATE>/3.GIF>'.

endif.

append wa_vendor to it_vendor.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

Within the component the image is appearing you can just name the mime - it is local to that component.

Since the ALV is a different component it would make sense that you would need to give a relative path.

have a look at the help for the image UI element - it explains it much better than I'm going to attempt to here! (and gives you far more options that I even realised were possible

[Handling Web Icons - SAP Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/ec/bb08428dab5f24e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

So /3.gif would be valid way of addressing the image if ZVENDOR_SEARCH_RATE was the name of the component containing the MIME ".3.gif".

NB it should be noted that my first response to use a relative path is not supported - sigh - egg on my face again

no relative paths are supported, that is no input in form ./path or ../path.

Cheers,

Chris