cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline form email inbound handler class CL_FP_INBOUND_HANDLER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an interactive form to use in an offline scenario, where the form will be filled in and emailed back to SAP and process automatically. In order to process the inbound form I am using a copy of SAP standard class CL_FP_INBOUND_HANDLER. This class tries to retrieve the form name using method INT_FIND_FORMNAME. I keep getting an error message "Form name not found in data stream". The name of the form doesn't seem to be in the XML of the PDF form. It is looking for a node type of "4", a node prefix of "fpoffline" and a node name of "form", again when I look at the XML I don't see this node. The system I am using is SAP Netweaver 7.00, Adobe livecycle designer 8.2, Adobe Reader 8.2. Class CL_FP_INBOUND_HANDLER is not available in SAP Netweaver 7.00, so I copied it from another SAP system which is 7.01. The system that the form is issued from is 7.00.

Has anybody else faced this issue, and if so how do I retrieve the name of the form? The name of the form is needed so that I can call another class specific for that form in order to access the data on the form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cara.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cara,

When you make the call to the generated function module (i.e. to generate the Interactive Form), set the parameter FILLABLE of structure SFPDOCPARAMS to "F" instead of "X".

Hope this solves your problem!

Vindaloo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Otto and Vindaloo,

I wasn't aware of the trace, but when I used it, the form name was still not there in the XML. From Vindaloo's answer I could see on the 7.01 system that there's an extra piece of code in include LFPCOMPXML which populates the form name in the correct node when the form is produced from the function module. This code doesn't exist in the system that I'm working on which is ECC6.00, so I could enhance the standard SAP code to include it, but instead of this I'd already found a workaround by adding the form name as a hidden field on the form called "FORM" and reading this field in the class I'd copied ZCL_FP_INBOUND_HANDLER method INT_FIND_FORMNAME.

Thanks very much for all your help,

regards,

Cara.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to make sure: are you aware of the existence of the SFP trace? and have you used it and checked the XML data you can get this way and you´re sure the form name is not used in this XML?

Otto