cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to do the setup for the Shipment cost settelment. The problem is -when I have finished the creation of cost document, PO is not getting generated for the Vendor settlement. Even though I have done setting in item categories for  Generate PO <b> u201CGenerate purchase order for validity period of 1 weeku201D.

Please suggest what may be possible reason.

With Regards,

Mauryan

Edited by: Mauryan on Nov 3, 2010 2:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

see mauryan,

this is a probable answer,

if my answer is not correct please look for some other answers.

regards,

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok See Balaji... I am not trying argue here.

Thanks for the suggestion.

rgds,

Mauryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

*Hence got confused.

No issues, i understand your first statement, ok will this creat a issue in G/L account determination during settelment. If I did not creat a PO*

then what is this called.

see boss nobody is perfect in SAP please understand that.

8050596746 - this is my mobile number.

regards

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

DONT TEACH ME SAP BALA JI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In the shipment cost category, you can define whether to generate a PO for freight settlement. When shipment costs are transferred, the system checks whether a purchase order exists. If the system does not find a purchase order, you can define whether, and in what period, the system should create a purchase order (field V_TVFT-BESER -Generate PO via transaction T_56)

The options for PO creation frequency are:

Do not generate purchase order

A Generate purchase order for validity period of 1 day

B Generate purchase order for validity period of 1 week

C Generate purchase order for validity period of 1 month

I'd like to add another option D- Generate purchase order for validity period for every couple hours. Does anyone know how to add this option?

The reason I want to add this option is currently, my freight PO (created automatically in the background) has way too many items and it becomes cumbersome for AP to process freight invoice. When my AP brings up a freight PO in MIGO, she gets hundred of items (all shipments for that day) and she has to scroll up and down to find the exact shipment to post the invoice.

The default freight PO type is also NB and I do not want to limit the number of line items for all of my NB POs.

regards,

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Sorry, i dont understand. Are you asking question or giving solution.

Regd,

Shekhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i thought you can understand.

regards,

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Balaji,

Your statement- was as below.

"I'd like to add another option D- Generate purchase order for validity period for every couple hours. Does anyone know how to add this option?

The reason I want to add this option is currently, my freight PO (created automatically in the background) has way too many items and it becomes cumbersome for AP to process freight invoice. When my AP brings up a freight PO in MIGO, she gets hundred of items (all shipments for that day) and she has to scroll up and down to find the exact shipment to post the invoice.

The default freight PO type is also NB and I do not want to limit the number of line items for all of my NB POs."

Hence got confused.

No issues, i understand your first statement, ok will this creat a issue in G/L account determination during settelment. If I did not creat a PO.

Regds,

Mauryan.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mauryan,

Just brief background ( though you already aware), Shipment cost creation is used to settle the frieght amount charged by the frieght forwarder ( to whom we create as a vendor in system under specific Company Code, Purchase ORganization & Purhcase Group)

If there is any initial agreement with the forwarder same will be recorded in system as "Service PO" ( item category=D, Account assignment category=K).

While creation of shipment cost document, based on combination ( Transporation planning point + Shipment cost type +Company Code + Purhcase Org + Purhcase Group + Plant = Service PO) system tries to find the Service PO for this forwarder.

if system unable to find the service PO, again based on Item category settings ( Generate PO: x:T_56), system will create PO.

Once shipment cost is released to FI- frieght amount will be booked against the vendor in created/triggered Service PO. Based on this PO, freight settlement will be done. if there is no PO available in shipment cost, then the soul purpose itself is diluted.

Moreover without Service PO, you cant release shipment cost to FI.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reazuddin MD,

Thanks you for the cristal clear answer... This was the ans i was looking for.

Rgds,

Mauryan

Edited by: Mauryan on Nov 4, 2010 6:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In the shipment cost category, you can define whether to generate a PO for freight settlement. When shipment costs are transferred, the system checks whether a purchase order exists. If the system does not find a purchase order, you can define whether, and in what period, the system should create a purchase order (field V_TVFT-BESER -Generate PO via transaction T_56)

The default freight PO type is also NB and I do not want to limit the number of line items for all of my NB POs.

regards,

balajia