cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Message Type (MT) is reusable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it Data type and Message Type (MT) s are reusable? if reusable can you give me brief explanation.. why it is? if not why?

Could you please give the reply.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Coti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

DT and MT are the represenation of your payload. Once you create these object you can use them anywhere. To explore more refer SAP BASIS software component in repositoy.

Regards,

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Coti,

DATA TYPE:is the smallest representation of data in XI.

A data type is an XML Schema Definition (XSD). This definition determines how the valid payload of a message will look. Data types in XML schema are only an abstract description of a structure that you can assign to elements in an XML schema definition. A message type or a fault message type that references a data type determines the name of the root element of a message.

there are 3 types of data type:

1)Built-In Type

2)Simple Type and

3)Complex Type

MESSAGE TYPE:

A message type comprises a data type that describes the structure of a message.It comprises exactly one data type, which determines the content of the message to be transferred.It is identified by a name and an XML namespace. The name (together with the namespace) of a message type is located in the uppermost tag of the message to be exchanged.

For example, imagine the data type called "address". In your company addresses are not just used in advance shipment notice, but also in purchase order. Your benefit from using - or reusing, as the case may be - the same data type can be used in multiple messages. As you combine multiple data types into groups, you create message types

More than one message interface can use the same message type. For example, an asynchronous outbound message interface and an asynchronous inbound message interface can reference the same message type because the request message does not need to be mapped.

Regards

Ravijeet

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes i can use a single datatype in multiple Message types and i can use a single message type in mulitple service interfaces.

if my source structure and target structure is same, then i will use the same message type as an inbound and outbound.

Thanks

S

Edited by: Saiyog Gonsalves on Nov 3, 2010 2:02 PM