cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDS 4 - HDA and OLEDB

0 Kudos

Hi,

I created an instance of UDS with OPC HDA.

When I select Alias with Dynamic Metadata the UDS instance is not running.

When it is Cache with Dynamic Metadata then it is running but through MII 12.1.0 Build(201) it is showing "Error".

Also I created another instance for GE Proficy Historian with OLEDB UDS it is not running.

I have UDS 4.0

Please help.

Thanks and Regards

Khaleel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use UDS 2.5 for standard connection to iHistorian (tags).

Use UDS 4 for OLEDB Provider connection to iHistorian (situations where non-tag values are stored in the historian).

It's ok to have multiple UDS Admin Tools running...just be careful with port configurations.

- Joey Scott

0 Kudos

Update your MII to a more current version. You are working on the RKT version and many issues have already been addressed by the Service Pack releases.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have upgraded to MII 12.2.1 Build 117

I was able to connect to GE Proficy Historian 4.0 through UDS 4.0 OLEDB

But when I created an instance through OPC HDA it is running but after configuring aliases >UDS>Browse I am not getting

Tags in that.

Thanks and Regards

Khaleel

0 Kudos

Please give some thought to using Plant Connectivity (PCo) instead of the UDS 4.0 product. I think you will find that there are more features and functionality in PCo 2.1 for your desired configuration. You can use PCo for both Tag (Time series) queries and OLEDB queries. You will need to check the configuration guide for the GE Proficy Historian configuration (or maybe someone who has some experience with it can chime in).

Also bear in mind that MII 12.2.1 is not GA yet. There are some pretty interesting functions built into MII 12.2 which use features of PCo 2.1 that were not available in MII 12.1.

Regards,

Mike