Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stocks without update in MM/IM only in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

Pl. guide me on the below scenario

We need to post stocks only in the warehouse and quantity should be maintained only in the WM and not in the MM/IM

This is a different type of stock which are not part of standard inventory and are basically capitalized items which come from various projects. we dont need to bring them to inventory. but only maintain the stock quantities in WM /. Returns storage type

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Normally al;l postings are made at IM level and then 'put away' and moved around the warehouse

I am not sure how or why you can 'hide' them from IM

You could create material masters for them as 'non stock items' with no value but you would still see them in IM

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frenchy

Thanks for the reply

The process is as below

The materials are issued to the project and are capitalized, Now any returns to the warehouse due to repiars and other damages are not accounted for in the MM module. they are not taken into the system. But the quantity has to be tracked since they are physically present in the warehouse and can also be issued out after minor repairs, again the same does not impact the MM system. It shall be a parallel system without impacting the MM / IM module

Pl. advice

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I managed to map this process, please guide if the same can be implemented

Create a new returns storage type. Create a new movement types in WM for bringing in the returns without impacting the IM module ( copy of 561). Have a fixed storage type and bin. and one more movement type for issuing out the stock from the fixed storage bin ( copy of 562).

I understand that there shall be negative quants in the interim storage bin for the returns storage type, but this can be explained to the business

Any advice and inputs shall be great

Thanks

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I managed to map this process, please guide if the same can be implemented

Create a new returns storage type. Create a new movement types in WM for bringing in the returns without impacting the IM module ( copy of 561). Have a fixed storage type and bin. and one more movement type for issuing out the stock from the fixed storage bin ( copy of 562).

I understand that there shall be negative quants in the interim storage bin for the returns storage type, but this can be explained to the business

I suggest that you should forget this ASAP... There should be no material managed only in WM w/o MM.

In my opinion you should find out a real solution...

E.g.

- there's valuated and non valuated project stock --> you can receive the to be repaired materials as free of charge goods into non valuated project stock and store them there

- there's split valuation in SAP --> you can define one valuation type for goods to be repaired and you can set 0 standard price for them

- you can define another plant and define the related material types as non valuated for that specific plant; you can even assign that plant/SLoc combination to your WH (I would not prefer this if this kind of activity (repair) is not of big volume)

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 10, 2010 7:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba,

Thanks, this is a very valuable information,also please see me concerns below since i had earlier suggested split valuation, and also in the current system the business maintains a non valuated plant, This is being disabled in the new system due to various discrepencies. for eg. when some items go missing, the returns are shown as new items and vise versa

My concern is as below

The new materials are stored within the same warehouse as returns. The returns cannot be part of standard stock and when we take it in WM there cannot be any further process linked to MM, In that sense the items in WM ( return) cannot be posted to IM -MM. and at any point of time we can track the new materials to that of return materials

In the system, the return materials have no value, but logically it carries lot of value and can be used after refurbishment

Pl. adivce

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand your requirement. Your WM is below your Storage location, means below the IM level. if you maintain some stock in WM level that is going to be displayed in Plant / storage location level. How do you want to hide the stock from IM level.

If such a case what is the valuation area for this?

Regards,