cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently working with serial number management. created a sale order and system automatically created serial numbers for the quantity given for the line item , eg; 1 to 50. later, In va02 I have changed the quantity to 30. would the serial numbers already created for 50 quantity can automatically reduced to 30? and also , when I create the sales order next time , it should start with 31 automatically for the given quantity. can this be addressed in SAP or we have to go development?

Thanks,

KP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kanna

In the standard, system allows you to reduce the item quantity provided you delete the serial number assignment. However the Serial Number (created) before, stays intact unless you set a deletion flag manually in the Serial Number master data ( IQ02). Any ways that serial number is used up in the number range and system will pick up next available number when you create an order or change an order next time. That should be OK for you. If you increase the quantity, system won't ask for additional serial numbers unless you make it obligatory or automatic in the Serial number profile- Serializing procedures - Serial numbers in SD order- SDAU or equivalent ( T code OIS2).

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. The requirement is like If user cancel the order by any chance or reduce the quantity of the sales order which serial numbers are already created , they will get consumed or those numbers created in database will be deleted. But next time User created the sales order , number starts from the last digit of deleted quantity. but not from the starting number of the quantity. is there any solution for this or any oss note application can resolve the issue?

Thank you,

kp

Former Member
0 Kudos

KP

Like I said the Serial Numbers created won't go away. But I don't think it should be of concern to you. You can always manually set Deletion status in the Serial Number/Equipment or you may try doing it while saving the order with some user exit. There is no standard solution or OSS note. Because it is not an issue or requirement from lot of businesses for SAP to come out with a workaround.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

If I set the deletion indicator for the created serial numbers, when I added / changed more quantities , would the system generate the serial numbers from the last number I deleted or it generates new numbers again? my req is the system should generate the deleted serial number again as its the reference for the production orders and planned orders.

Thanks,

KP.

EM

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry instead of posting solution for another thread i have posted for you.

please forgive me,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please take this link which is very help ful to you.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23491525/How-to-Work-With-SIS-Structures

regards,

balajia