cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N step BADI workflow SRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been trying to setup the N step BADI workflow /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_CONFIG so that the approvers are picked up dynamically. We are using SRM 7.0 SP08. However, from what I see in the system as per the standard implementation, BADI is executed only twice before the ordering shopping cart and the approver levels are created using /SAPSRM/IF_WF_LEVEL_SERVICE->create_process_level. Each of these approvers are then checked with their limits and the eligible approvers are used as per the schema setup (Evaluation id /expression etc)

Here say example, if one of the approvers gets changed in the system, during the approval since the BADI is not called again how do we make sure the new approver is chosen for approval? With Dynamic approval you expect the BADI getting called to get the latest approver list during approval. But this doesnt seem to be the case. In the function which I call from the Schema, each process level is executed at a time only. I dont think I can perform the changes to the approvers here. (Example an additional approver is required etc)

I am not sure if I am missing something here. Please let me know how do I make sure the approvers are the latest.

Thanks

BR

Swetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swetha,

/SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_CONFIG BADI is for dynamically adding process levels in Process Controlled workflow. ON the other hand you are trying to use N Step BADI in Process controlled workflow. N Step BADI is a part of application controlled workflow in SRM 7.0.

You can not use N Step BADI with /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_CONFIG in SRm 7.0. Its Either Application Controlled workflow OR Process controlled that can be opted in SRM 7.0

Regarding dynamic process levels, if you are using Process controlled workflow in SRM 7.0, you can create process levels dynamically using /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_CONFIG and for each process level you can use the agent assignment as per your needs

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Virender,

Thank you for your reply. May be I did not frame my question right.

I know that /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_CONFIG BADI is used in Process controlled badi to dynamically get the approvers and N step BADI for application controlled.

When I am using /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_CONFIG to get approvers dynamically, it is not quite dynamic.

This BADI is called only during the shopping cart order and not during approval. This means during approval, if the hierarchy has changed, we will not be able to use this BADI /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_CONFIG to re-determine/re-evaluate the approval hierarchy. Although in the N step BADI for application controlled workflows, the N step BADI gets called during the approval and it is possible to re-determine the approvers.

So my question is, how can we use process controlled workflow (for each process level) to dynamically re-determine approvers even during the approval like we do in application controlled workflows using N step BADI. I know in the restart BADI, there is a possibility to trigger the re-evalution of approvers, but this means the approval flow starts all over again which we do not want.

I have checked the notes 1372031, 1398339, 1477326 which did not help.

BR

Swetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

/SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_CONFIG is suppose to kick off during the approval process.. this should be a standard functionality.. Open a OSS message.

Saravanan