cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User UI default values being lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an ABAP webdynpro application that enables users to complete and submit a web form through the Enterprise Portal. The input fields have the standard UI element user default functionality via "User settings => Use current value as default"

What we are finding is that after the user has created and submitted the first form and then immediately returns to the function to create a new form the fields with the default values are now empty.

The defaults values are back again if the user logs off and on again or refreshes the Portal application.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and if you have is there a way that you know of so that the defaults are retained each time the user activates the create function or is required that the session be refreshed each time?

Not sure if it is setting we have missed or if the UI Element function is "functioning as designed"

We are on ECC6 Netweaver 7.0

Thanks experts

Regards

Gary

Edited by: Gary Kitchen on Nov 3, 2010 3:19 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The default values are only going to be displayed upon the initialization of the view from scatch. Perhaps when you perform your navigation to go back ot the initial screen you should use an Exit Plug or Portal API to reload the application instead. Another option would be to go to the View Properties and set the lifetime to When Visible. Then when you fire a navigation plug to go to a different view, the first will be released (and hopefully that will reshow the defaults - although I can't say I've tested this scenario).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas

We will give your suggestion a try and provide feedback.

SAP also suggested note 1413812 which I am awaiting some further clarification on before we apply.

Regards

Gary