cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting an incoming SOAP message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Scenario is FILE --> PI --> Webservice --> File (Synch with BPM Asyn Synch procedure).

I am sending an XML request file with 2 fields and getting Reponse message from WebSerive . The response SOAP message is going to be huge amount of data with 200K Records (app 120 MB) .

want to know about any option availble to split an incoming SOAP message into smaller messages and process through PI ?

Thanks ans Regrads,

Midhusha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I am sending an XML request file with 2 fields and getting Reponse message from WebSerive . The response SOAP message is going to be huge amount of data with 200K Records (app 120 MB) .

I am not sure if we can receive 120 MB message in one trasaction in synchronous fashion, until unless if you have a good network bandwidth.

My suggestion would be, have this process in asynchronous fashion. Have two asynchronous webservices, one takes the requests formulates message and then triggers the second webservice in async fashion.

since the message is huge you can trigger mulitple chunk calls.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on Nov 3, 2010 10:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are you going to do with the response . Instead of doing it like an asynch to synch you can do a single asynch interface.

File to webservice request

Once the receiver gets the webservice request it can directly write the reponse output as an external file or write to a database or what ever you are planning to do with the response . There is no need to get the response into Xi .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Since the webservice is of third party and we dont have the control over.

We are sending 2 fileds with a time range (start and end time) and the data between these time ranges will be returned in the Synch call.

Is there a way to split/reduce the size of the incoming Soap message in a synch process?

>>since the message is huge you can trigger mulitple chunk calls.

Can you tell more about triggering mulitple chunk calls ? How actually we can do this ?

Regards,

Midhusha