cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predefined Date Filter in OLAP universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create the predefined Date filter in olap universe because i want to show the calendar on prompt pages for date selection.

Have any idea how can i create this one.

Regards,

Tayyab

Edited by: Tayyab Muhammad on Nov 3, 2010 12:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

when you say "pre-defined" are you thinking about having filtes likes showing the last 90 days or are you thinking about a variable allowing you to select a time range

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ingo for reply.

Actually I am looking for date filter for date range like StartDate/From Date and End Date/To Date on prompt screen.

I am using BOE 3.1 SP3 and and i ahve created the universe from SSAS 2008 cbue.

I would highly appreciate your help in this regard.

Regards,

Tayyab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since XI 3.1 SP3 and OLAP filter editor has been added in Universe Designer in order to help you to create filters.

I have added different screenshots that will help during the filter creation workflow.

Here is a sample based on AdventureWorks Canlendar Date:

<FILTER KEY="@Select(Date.Calendar\Date)"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Between">
<CONSTANT CAPTION="@Prompt('Start date','A','Date.Calendar\Date',Mono,Constrained,Not_Persistent)"></CONSTANT>
<CONSTANT CAPTION="@Prompt('End date','A','Date.Calendar\Date',Mono,Constrained,Not_Persistent)"></CONSTANT>
</CONDITION></FILTER>

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Didier,

Thank you very much

i have created the filter by using you code i always got the list values not a calendar prompt.

I created the filter by using the calculated expression which you already sent to me as it can be seen below

<FILTER EXPRESSION="CDate([Date].[Calendar].CurrentMember.MemberValue)"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Between"><CONSTANT CAPTION="@Prompt('Start Date','D',,Mono,Free,Persistent)"></CONSTANT><CONSTANT CAPTION="@Prompt('End Date','D',,Mono,Free,Persistent)"></CONSTANT></CONDITION></FILTER>

It shown the calendar but when i select the values from calendar and run the report i got no data.

So i need your help to solve this issue.

Regards,

Tayyab

Edited by: Tayyab Muhammad on Nov 8, 2010 11:34 PM