cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Receiver Adapter - Read Header data on Synchronous Response

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario - flat file to SOAP. The web service provider sends a response that contains data in the Header that I need to access. I have tried to use the "Do Not Use SOAP envelope" option on my receiver SOAP adapter, and I have configured my request message type to include the soap envelope elements. However I'm getting the following error from the web service

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/HTTP/ADAPTER.HTTP_EXCEPTION - HTTP 415 Cannot process the message because the content type 'application/xml' was not the expected type 'text/xml; charset=utf-8'.

I've read some inputs on this error that say to use the Transform bean to adjust the content to text/xml. However I'm not sure how to do that. If that is the correct resolution to my problem, can someone provide detailed steps on how to add the Transform bean to the adapter module. I have no experience with adding items to the module tab.

If there are other ways to tackle this scenario to get access to the SOAP Header from the SOAP receiver adapter, please share those as well.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved with the following blog

/people/varadharajan.krishnasamy/blog/2007/01/09/troubleshooting-soap-message--xi