Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDOE_RMM01 - Multiple Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP-Experts,

Configuration is MI7.1 SP9.

Running successfully with a project built for Smartphones, we recently decided to migrate MAM3.0 (for Laptops) to MI7.1.

Unfortunately, when I create directly a new device within the Administration & Monitoring Portal for the MAM application, this one inherits from the customizing group of the other project. The registration parameters must not be the same. How could I solve this issue? Must I create a second Customizing group and a second Receiver Generation DO ?

Sincerly,

Ludovic

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do really believe this is a pity and shouldn't be seen as a standard behavior but I do appreciate your answer which helps me to identify the limitations of the product.

Kind Regards,

Ludovic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludovic,

Devices created via receiver generation data object will inherit same custom attributes because of the mapping between receiver generation DO and the RMM custom group attribute [same used in the previous application model]

Infact all the standard and custom attributes will be available for all devices, but its application specific to use which RMM attributes. Incase of receiver generation , we do that by specific mapping between receiver generation DO and RMM attributes ..these values could be even set from Backend data during the device creation itself.

But I wonder how can the same attributes will be inherited while creating a device manually from admin portal.

May be you could elaborate more on the above issue[what exactly is the scenario you are trying]

I am a little confused when you said registration parameters cannot be the same. Are you referring to the registration parameters used while registering a logical device to default Mobile client [from transaction SDOE_DEV_REGISTER tranaction? ] If this is the case, registration parameters are not application specific currently. In the same mandt[client] of DOE server, the same registration parameters will be applicable to all devices as far as i understand.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your answer and especially with the explanation you give concerning the standard behavior of the solution.

However,

> But I wonder how can the same attributes will be inherited while creating a device manually from admin portal.

> May be you could elaborate more on the above issue[what exactly is the scenario you are trying]

Actually, just create a RMM Group + a Receiver Generation you map to the RMM Group. Let's say the single Attribute "X" and the multiple Attribute 'Y' are then associated. When you do create a brand new device in the monitoring & admin portal, it does display X as a single attribute to maintain and 'Y' as multiple attribute which isn't valid from my perspective.

Kind Regards,

Ludovic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludovic,

This is the standard behavior as well. RMM(receiver meta model) Mobile is a framework kind of and whatever custom attributes added are available part of meta model to all devices created part of Mobile RMM.

as i mentioned before they are not application specific. you could use just the new set of attributes(a new custom group for your new app) that is valid for a set of devices irrespective of the fact that old attributes are also available .

Regards,

Liji