cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form size increases when ADOBE Form moved from DEV to QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a large PDF ADOBE Form developed in DEV but when I moved this Form to QA environment, I noticed the file size has been Doubled(from 2MB to 4MB). Please note that, this is not an interative Form. Can someone tell me why and how can I fix it. We are emailing this form and 4MB is too large.

Thanks for your help,

Cyrus

Edited by: Cyrus Arjomandi on Nov 2, 2010 8:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We believe this is still an issue.

Edited by: Cyrus Arjomandi on Dec 20, 2010 5:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, after discussing it with SAP, we are still in the dark and don't know why this problem only occurs to one of our PDF outputs. however, the following might help you to cut some times looking for answers.

1-It started after we changed the values in the Layout properties. We are not sure in which tab. We guess it was "PREVIEW"

2-After this, every time we made any changes to the Layout, the size was doubled until it became a major problem

3-We contacted SAP for this issue and the respond was "Please refer to following note for installation/patches:

1176858 / 1356871"

4-We were also asked by ADOBE to download a zip file called "COMMON.zip" and install the COMMON file on our ADS server

5-After installing the COMMON file on our server we were asked to run the ABAP program "FP_CHK_REPORT" on the FORM.

6-The suggestion was to only check mark only common-001when running the ABAP, but we check marked all after found no results with only COMMON-001.

7- check out this link. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/35f874b9d74901e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

8-we did all of the above but we had partial success, it reduced the size fro 7MB to 4MB

9-Finally, we created the same Form from ground up without touching the Layout properties and the size turned up to be around 100KB.

Cyrus Arjomandi

GETSAP at gmail

ABAP Consultant specialized in technical ABAP in "SRM, ADOBE Forms, ECC logistics"

Edited by: Cyrus Arjomandi on Dec 23, 2010 8:53 PM

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the form is NOT interactive form are you emailing a print form? I would like to know how.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are attaching the Form to an email. if you use the drop down on the File in the PDF you will see the option of attachment email.

Also when the Form is being generated before opening it, I can the size of the file before I click on the "Open".

Thanks for your question,

Cyrus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrus,

Once the form is genrated, open the PDF in LiveCycle designer in XML view and check if you see heaps of line lines as below.

<?templateDesigner StyleID apbx0?> or

<?templateDesigner StyleID apbx1?> or

<?templateDesigner StyleID apbx2?> or

<?templateDesigner StyleID apbx3?> or

If you see something like this then its the problem with designer version.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

here is what I found. This part of the XML is very large, it goes on and on.

- <LAYOUTT>

- <FPLAYOUTT>

<NAME />

<STATE />

<LANGUAGE>E</LANGUAGE>

<ID />

<DIRTY />

<LAYOUT>PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvbj0iMS4wIiBlbmNvZGluZz0idXRmLTgiPz4KPD94ZmEgZ2VuZXJhdG9yPSJB ZG9iZUxpdmVDeWNsZURlc2lnbmVyRVNfVjguMV9TQVAiIEFQSVZlcnNpb249IjIuNy45MjQ2LjAi Pz48eGRwOnhkcCB4bWxuczp4ZHA9Imh0dHA6Ly9ucy5hZG9iZS5j

ZWYL3RlbXBsYXRlL3N1YmZvcm1bMV08L2Rlc2M6cmVmPg0KICAgICAgICAgPC9kZXNjOnZlcnNp b24DQogICAgICA8L3JkZjpEZXNjcmlwdGlvbj4NCiAgIDwvcmRmOlJERj4NCjwveDp4bXBtZXRh PjwveGRwOnhkcD4=</LAYOUT>

</FPLAYOUTT>

</LAYOUTT>

</asx:values>

- <asx:heap xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:abap="http://www.sap.com/abapxml/types/built-in" xmlns:cls="http://www.sap.com/abapxml/classes/global"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrus,

By any chance are you using any multi lingual concept for this form to render labels / texts dynamically ...?

Whats your Designer version...?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem of having large XML started when I changed the address to convert dynamically the country code to the full country name like 'US' to 'United States'. No, I am not using any multi language labels and the Form is not a Web enabled form. One more interesting is that I changed some of the properties in the designer form layout tab, when you go to File and than Properties and it raised the size from 4MB to 7MB and than to 14MB.

We are using Adobe Lifecycle Designer 8.1 and I am upgrading it to 8.2 today.

Thanks,

Cyrus