cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArchiveLink document description

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

to a Sales Order i am Storing a Business Document (external PDF document), for Document Type 'Export Document', after the drag and drop of the PDF document from the desktop to the 'Export Empty filed' the document is stored but the description of the document is only 'Export Documents' every time, the system is not showing the actual description of the PDF document..

my question in brief, would it be possible to show the stored document's original description in the attachment list...

regards

yasar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasar,

as far as i know, this is not possible. The background may be that you give your Business Document types names. And related to this types you connect the physical storage and authoratzations. If it would show you the file name of the uploaded document it would be hard to find out what type of document this is. And remember if your users would have the possibility to change the name the outcome could be that there are a various types of names for the same document type, could be confusing.

You may have a chance not using business documents. May you can give names as you like by attaching so called 'pc attachments' (?). But thats not that comfortable like business document where you have better control with authorizations and repositories.

Hope that helps you, if not, let me know.

Kind regards

Edited by: matthew c. on Nov 3, 2010 3:17 PM

Edited by: matthew c. on Nov 3, 2010 3:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathews

i partially agree with your comments, since every time we need to see the document based on the description, we use to go to transaction OAOR and open many documents types pdf files to see the description which is time consuming.

could you please copy here online SAP help link which supports your comments. so that i can keep it for my reference

many thanks

yasar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasar,

I have the exact same requirement - did you find any solution?

Neil