cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Sender Channel Failed to render XIMessage. Reason: java.io.IOException

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attemping to set up a sender channel using the SOAP adatper to process HTTP(S) posts containg a file that is being uploaded.

The Sender channel is set up to use HTTPS With Client Authentication, and selected "Do Not Use SOAP Envelope" -- since the payload will not be SOAP. I am simply trying to generate a message in PI from the HTTP post.

I have posted the data but am getting the following error in the channel:

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageFormatException: Failed to render XIMessage. Reason: java.io.IOException: Missing mandatory element <sap:Main>sap:Receiver/sap:Service

The trading partner I am workgin with only has the ability to use a generic POST (I believe he is usnig CURL or some some other tool the 'post' the data.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerry,

Make sure you are using right SOAP URL from sender system. Also if the requirement is to receive simple XML data you can use HTTP Adapter instead of SOAP.

Refer the below thread which has a similar discussion

Please give us more details if the issue persists.

Thanks

Ven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

The solution I am seeking is not for XML payload. Its a flat-file that one of our trading partners is sending to us, both for flat files as well as EDI/X12 data. I have the checkbox selected to not use the SOAP Envelope and am using the "nosoap=true" in the URL.

This should be simple, as all we need to do is to pass the data as posted by the trading partner to a SFTP or FILE adapter on the receiver side. Nothing more than we've already done using an AS2 Sender channel for, the trouble with in case case our trading partner does not support any encrypted transports except for HTTPS.

-Gerry