cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow error " Work item could not be found"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I used transaction SWI2_DIAG to diagnose the error and tried to restart the workitem manually .The changes were made to Org chart and now everything is fine but I am still getting error message:

Work item could not be found

Workflow 'Post with Clearing Workflow' step number 4: work item could not be created

Agent determination for step '0000000004' failed

Workflow WS93000005 no. 000004806372 activity 0000000004 role 'AC00000168': No agent found

Resolution of rule AC00000168 for task TS93000019: no agent found

Can someone explain what this error message mean and why i cant restart the workitem manually?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure the binding between the task and the rule is correct. Do you know what values are passed to the rule in the workflow? Make sure the correct parameters are populated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is my message from Production:

Resolution of rule AC00000168 for task TS93000019: no agent found

Workflow WS93000005 no. 000004806372 activity 0000000004 role 'AC00000168': No agent found

Agent determination for step '0000000004' failed

Workflow 'Post with Clearing Workflow' step number 4: _work item could not be created_

This is my message from development.. I recreted the scenario and getting different message.

Workflow 'Journal Entry Approval- Approval WF' step number 36: work item could not be created

Agent determination for step '0000000036' failed

Workflow WS93000001 no. 000000986124 activity 0000000036 role 'AC93000003': No agent found

Resolution of rule AC93000003 for task TS00007914: _no agent found_

Edited by: Sergey on Nov 2, 2010 5:05 PM

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It still looks like the problem is simply that it can't find an agent. Check the workflow log for the exact input to that rule (and check the bindings) and test AC00000168 with those values in tx PFAC.

How is the agent assignment done for that step? Is the Task set to General Task?

As always, check SWU3 and do SWU_OBUF, just in case.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check what rule returns. If it returns the correct value then check in task whether agent assignment is green or not means assigned. This also happen when task is not a general task and its not green.

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used transaction SWI2_DIAG to diagnose the error and tried to restart the workitem manually ...The workitems are still in error status and I am still unable to restart them and getting the same error in the log twice every time I try to restart:

Work item started manually after error 11/02/2010 09:58:26 -- with green box on the left

Work item started manually after error 11/02/2010 09:58:26 -- with yellow box on the left

Work item started manually after error 11/02/2010 13:53:44

Work item started manually after error 11/02/2010 13:53:44

When I replicate the same error in development, i am only getting the error once. Do you have any idea why I am geeting the error messge twice?

Thanks.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is that really important? If you fix the error you won't get any messages at all.

Please answers my questions, above.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have two options to run that function module: either through the rule simulator or directly in SE37.

The rule simulator (you'll find the simulate button when you display the rule 168) can be run in two ways:

- Either pass the OrgManagementObject: the value passed must be the object type concatenated with the object ID. So, for a user, you pass US<user ID> (for a user called ABC, the value will be USABC).

- Or pass both the Object Type and Extended Object ID: the object type will contain what type of object you are passing, it could be US (user), P (person), S (position), O (org unit), etc. The object ID will contain the user name or object ID according to the type you pass.

Calling the function module, you can use the same logic (the simulator ultimately calls this function module). You'll need to fill table AC_CONTAINER with the parameter names and their values. Similar to the simulator, you need to pass a record for each parameter.

- For OrgManagementObject, the element name is ORG_OBJECT and the value is whatever you would pass above

- For Object Type and ID, the elements are OTYPE and OBJID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply. Can you please be more specific for the parameters below.

ELEMENT - How to find this value for org_object?

TAB_INDEX = 1

ELEMLENGTH = 12

TYPE = C

VALUE = ? ( US+ user login)

Thanks.

Edited by: Sergey on Nov 2, 2010 3:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

ORG_OBJECT is what needs to go in the ELEMENT field. Value will contain (US + user ID). I don't think you need to put anything in the other fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to test the rule thru the FM. The result came back as expected. However ,the WF error is still not resolved.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this one error message? It sounds weird when you get "work item not found" error with "agent resolution error". As far as the agent resolution problem, the rule used to get agents is not returning any. You need to check transaction PFAC to see if rule 00000168 actually returns anything if passed the same set of parameters. Find the parameter list in the container binding screen (also check if the rule binding is correct). You can the run function module SWX_GET_MANAGER which is called ultimately by this rule. You might want to check the org structure and see if the user has a manager in the first place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. It's only one error message. Do you know what values I need to pass in order to test SWX_GET_MANAGER function module?

Thanks.