cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission class not recognized at redeploy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I have a WebDynpro application where I use UME permissions with my own permission class. I have corresponding actions and roles and everything works fine.

Whenever I redeploy the WebDynpro DC (that includes the permission class) and I restart the application, the permissions are not recognized any more.

I debugged a bit into the permission handling and found out, that in java.security.Permissions.implies(Permission permission) a java.security.PermissionCollection is requested from a HashMap of PermissionCollections using my permission class's Class object as key.

The problem is: The hashcode stored in the HashMap for the PermissionCollection entry with my permissions is different from the hashcode generated from the permission class parameter (for the implies method) passed by the WebDynpro application. Therefore no PermissionCollection is found, no permission can be checked nor granted.

When I restart the server node, everything's fine, the hashcodes match, after redeployment they differ.

I refreshed the UME cache, but it did not help. I am working on a AS Java 7.20.

Any ideas on this?

Regards

Hans

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any feedback to my problem?

How do you deploy your permission class for WebDynpro applications? Have you packaged your permission class in the WebDynpro DC?

Thanks for every hint!

Regards

Hans

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have worked in a scenario like, we have created a separate DC for UME Permissions for creating the actions in portal. once i have deployed i will get all the actions in the portal, there i can assign that particular action for an user, so that the action will work only for that user.

is this what you want? or anything different?

Regards

Nizamudeen SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nizamudeen

Thank you for your reply. I have also deployed my actions.xml using a UME DC and have no problems assigning the actions to roles and finally to users.

But the permission class used in the actions.xml is a custom permission class packaged in my WebDynpro applications. And whenever I redeploy my WebDynpro DC, the permissions assigned through UME actions and roles are not recognized any more (everybody has no permissions).

What happends technically I tried to explain in my first posting. Why this happens or how I can avoid it I don't know.

Regards

Hans

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the standard permission class like the following in actions.xml.

- <ACTION NAME="STAMNT_ACT">

<DESCRIPTION LOCALE="en" VALUE="STAMNT_ACT" />

<PERMISSION CLASS="com.sap.security.api.permissions.NamePermission" NAME="STAMNT_ACT" />

</ACTION>

I think may be the problem with your custom permission class which is overwriting the standard permission class whenever you deploy.

Regards

Nizamudeen SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

But in the SAP documentation one is encouraged to use a custom permission class extending the standard classes. Also my class has a differing name and action handling logic.

Regards

Hans