cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI not working when called from Portal/Web Dynpro

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a strange issue while posting using BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST.

I am calling this BAPI inside an FM which in turn is called from a web dynpro program.

Please note that i have no import parameters to this FM. All values are hardcoded.

Now if i run this FM independently, BAPI works fine; document gets posted.

But if i call the same via portal/web dynpro, BAPI is returning an error; eventhough all data passed to BAPI remains the same(hardcoded).

Any pointers would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,

Meera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

To be honest this isn't really a web dynpro ABAP question. Have you tried calling this BAPI from a program running in the background? I'm betting it wouldn't work there either. Furthermore, there isn't really anything you can do from Web Dynpro differently that would cause or correct this. Either your parameters are wrong or this BAPI incorrectly can't run dark (without SAPGUI connection).

A couple of suggestions.

1. Post this question instead into one of the general ABAP forums to see if others are having similiar problems with this BAPI. As stated this isn't really a Web Dynpro specific aspect here.

2. Search the service notes database to see if there any documented problems with this BAPI.

3. Confirm you don't have any enhancements or modifications within the BAPI.

4. Consider opening a support ticket specific to this BAPI (not in the Web Dynpro ABAP category).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for your reply.

I had infact posted this in the ABAP Development section as well; wanted to know if this had something to do with webdynpro, hence the repeat here.

I am guessing it has something to do with the BAPI call from webdynpro. Will update once resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meera,

Please check the conversions of G/L Account numbers or value comparisons. This will happen if there is any issue with the data or calling at wrong interval.

Regards

-Syed.