cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIS Conflict with in Windows 2003 Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai all,

When I am trying to install VC 6.0 in Windows Server 2003,It is giving an error, asking me to get the latest version of IIS.The system is already having IIS 6.0 as a package coming with Windows Server 2003 CD.I am note able to degrade the Version of IIS 6.0 to IIS 5.0(as mentioned in Installation Guideline).

Anybody plz give me a solution for this.Is it possible to install IIS 5.0 in windows 2003 server.What else I can do ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the note is quite clear (https://notescsn.wdf.sap.corp/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=DISPL_TXT&_NNUM=0000804496). If you ahve any specific questions on it let me know.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think IIS 5 in win2003 is possible. however, we had no known issues with win2003 and IIS 6.0. you just need to implement note 804496. It is very strange that the VC installer askes you for the latest version of IIS, I'm not femiliar with that. Are you sure it is not windows error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Gabi,

Thanks for ur reply.

I didn't understand what u mentioned as :-

"you just need to implement note 804496"

Can you plz tell me how to implement this.The error i was getting was from Visual Composer Installer only.It was not a Windows error.IIS was working properly (independent of Visual Composer)