cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with MAM2.5 app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have configured my backend MAM and deployed the MAM2.5 application in the client device.I synchronized with the MI server for the data but there was none.when i checked the log I found that MI server is sending the message "No download data from R/3 found in downloader".And about the MAM configuration i have followed the guide.

One more situation I created some local orders in the client machine and synchronized with the server when I checked the log files in "merep_mon" I found the orders in the inbound data sent to the R/3 but because of some error it was not updated in the Backend.

the error was "Return code from RFC BAPI Wrapper call :Maintain a cost cntr. for the activity types specified in the work cntr.Pls help me

Thanks and Regards

Gopi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gopi,

i had encountered this once long time ago...

as the error implies, you need some customizations.

the activity types defined for your work center should

have cost center configured. i forgot which transactions

i used. some mam consultants might give you the specific

tcode.

regards

jo

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is a pretty old thread, but I am facing the same issue. And reading the thread I didnt find a solution.

I am also getting: Maintain a cost cntr. for the activity types specified in the work cntr

whenever I try to create an order from my MI Client.

The Functional Guy from PM says that he has not maintained any activity type for the work centres and he has his reasons.

So is this issue coming because of that? Or there is some other reason.

Kindly help.

Ankur

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

you obviously don't get data because your backend is not configured properly. The error you get is not MAM specific but Plant Maintenance module configuration issue.

A word of advice - when you have a new backend in your MAM landscape BEFORE you try to sync the device, try to execute BAPIs getlist for all SyncBos (excpet T51s) in the backend. Then for orders and notifications execute getdetail for each order/notification in the list. If you get any errors in the process - fix them, otherwise data will not be downloaded on the device.

That approach saves a lot of time - useless to waste time syncing device if system is not configured properly.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Larissa,

Thanks for the reply which has reminded me of using SE37. It's sometimes easy to forget things when the pressure is on!

John Woodland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopi,

I too am getting the same message in MAM3.0 even though the R/3 backend is configured with Work Centre linked to Cost Centre and Activity Type. I can raise orders manually in the backend OK and reprocess any errors in MI without changing any of the data in the message but the BAPI is producing the error.

Did you manage to resolve the error?

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After configuring the MAM Settings in the backend the data is now available in the Device but the sync from the device to the R/3 is still now working.I am getting the same error

"Return code from RFC BAPI Wrapper call :Maintain a cost cntr. for the activity types specified in the work cntr"

Need some help

Thanks

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gopi,

you not only have to maintain the MAM customizing but also the PM/CS customizing. MAM is sitting on top of PM/CS, say when creating a MAM order it is created by the underlying PM/CS modules. If here customizing is not set up you will receive such errors.

RGds Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gopi

I see that the Backend MAM is not configured

U need to Configure Back end

SPRO>pLANT mANINTANANCE AND CUSTUMER sCRVICE>MAINTANANCE AND SECVICE pROCESSING--MAM

U get all the Nodes to Configure and For Order after configuring U need to <b>Apply a NOte 743038</b>

and the In User depedent data U need to assign the user with Proper Scenario , workcenter.... U will then All this info in the MAM Config Guide..

bye

sid

award points if u feel this post is useful