cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retro Billing - Reference Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running VFRB tcode for creating Credit Memos for the invoices for which the price calculated are incorrect. That is the price charged to the customer are high and hence for the difference of the Invoiced Price and the actual price, we are trying to provide credit memo.

The invoices for which im trying this VFRB tcode donu2019t have too many quantities (20 Units Only) in it.

For a material which has TAX as its item category, when I run the retro billing tcode it is showing an error and it is:

u201CItem category F2 TAX cannot be invoiced with billing type G2u201D.

Hence I maintained the copy control for TAX item category for the F2  G2 link and the settings are:

TAX ( Copy of TAN):

Copying requirements u2013 027

Pricing Type u2013 D

Data VBRK/VBRP u2013 000

After maintaining the above when I again tried the VFRB then, system is throwing the following error:

-

Reference document 000000 (Error during INSERT)

Message no. VF004

Diagnosis

Internal error.

Procedure

Repeat the transaction.

If the error occurs and you have a CRM System connected to your ERP System, the document may have been archived in the CRM System.

If the error occurs again, inform your system administrator. If the error cannot be corrected, call the SAP Hotline directly. Describe which steps preceeded the error.

-

For materials with TAN item category though the copy control settings are already maintained in default - im getting the Reference ERROR.

Please help !

Regards

Venu

Edited by: SAP2020 on Nov 2, 2010 5:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
u201CItem category F2 TAX cannot be invoiced with billing type G2u201D.

This was missed my attention earlier. What is your item category in your original billing document ?? If my assumption is correct, it should have been other than TAX in which case, try to maintain the same item category in VTFF. In fact, if I am correct, in standard copy control for F2=>G2, there would be no TAX. Right now I dont have access to SAP and hence, I cannot confirm on this.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Thanks for the info.

Yes, you are right. The copy control settings for the item category has already been done.

Now my problem is something different. I am getting the following error now:

Message no. VF004

Diagnosis

Internal error.

Procedure

Repeat the transaction.

If the error occurs and you have a CRM System connected to your ERP System, the document may have been archived in the CRM System.

If the error occurs again, inform your system administrator. If the error cannot be corrected, call the SAP Hotline directly. Describe which steps preceeded the error.

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check these threads

[Re: Reference document 92002929 000001 (Error during INSERT) Message no. VF004 |;

[Re: Problem in RV_INVOICE_CREATE|;

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the response. Those threads have already been refered.

The number of line items is 5 and the quantities in it are maximum of 20 Units.

Item is relevant for Billing.

The Item increment is "0" in VOFA.

Please help !

Regards

Edited by: SAP2020 on Nov 6, 2010 3:28 PM

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you maintained the right order reasons for debit/credit creation in customizing and in VFRB transaction ?

the standard ones (100 and 200) can be used as reference for this.

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for the info.

Please note that previously it was working fine.

Regards